Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Sauna Part 277

Our plane touched down in Wellington just after seven and we headed straight for a favorite haunt. The Bodega had a reputation for showcasing local talent and Richie was in the mood to jam. The place wasn’t too crowded and we were soon seated at a large table near the rear, perusing the menu while we waited for drinks. Vicky had fed us pretty well on the flight from Australia, but the appetizers sounded too good to pass up and we ordered quite an assortment ranging from seafood and chicken to cheese and vegetables in order to please everyone’s palate. I traded some of my crumbled brie with plum sauce for some of Richie’s almond stuffed dates and I stole a prawn fritter from Jon when he wasn’t looking.

David kept us entertained with more stories from the band’s misspent youth while we nibbled on finger food and sampled several New Zealand wines, but the conversation died down when the band began its first set. The kids on the stage barely looked old enough for the goatees two of them sported, but they were clearly rather accomplished musicians. Richie’s eyes sparkled as we settled back and relaxed to the strains of a rather bluesy little number that was reminiscent of one of my old favorites.

“I wonder if they know ‘Thirty Days in the Hole?’ I haven’t heard that song in years” I whispered to Richie.

“I’ll betcha they do. I’ll play it for ya, Trish, if they’re open to having me join them” Richie winked back.

Surprisingly, no one seemed to recognize any of the guys despite their lack of the typical baseball hats they always wore as disguises. Richie had sent a round of drinks to the band, the “Bluenotes”, and invited them to come join us when they finished their first set and Jon explained that New Zealanders were pretty mellow and didn’t tend to fuss over celebrities. Apparently it wasn’t uncommon for other well-known musicians to pop in from time to time and check out the local talent.

“Thanks for the brews, man. Where you guys from?” the tall, blond haired lead singer asked as they raised their glasses to Richie.

“We’re from New Jersey” Richie answered and Jon hid his smile.

“Ah, America, then. Are you here on holiday?” the bass played joined in, rubbing the peach fuzz that passed as a beard.

“Not exactly, more like business, actually” Richie replied pleasantly and I had to look away to keep from laughing outright.

These kids, despite their musical talent, were clearly kids and it was obvious they didn’t have a clue who they were chatting with as Richie complimented their work. We learned that the four had grown up together and had been playing since first forming a band back in gradeschool when they were just youngsters. No wonder they sounded so tight despite being so young.

“I play a little myself now and then. Would you mind if maybe I sat in for a song or two?” Richie asked politely and the kids smiled indulgently.

“Sure, whaddya know?” the guitarist asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“Know any Bon Jovi?” Richie asked with a smirk.

“Crikey, man, yeah. We wouldn’t get any gigs if we didn’t know some, what can you play?” the lead singer chimed in.

I thought David would bust a gut trying to contain himself as Richie suggested a few songs and I felt Jon squeeze my knee under the table, encouraging me to just play along. I could see from the smile on Jim’s face that he was filing this all away for a future book chapter and I couldn’t resist getting in the act now myself.

“Aren’t they playing here in New Zealand pretty soon? I thought I heard something on the radio” I ventured.

“Yeah, but the gig’s completely sold out. We were gonna go, but we couldn’t get tickets” the drummer whined.

“Who wants to see a bunch of old farts anyway? They’re probably pretty lame now at their age, what are they now, in their sixties?” the lead singer added.

“Yeah, they’ve been around since the stone age” the bassist agreed.

Even Tico almost choked on his wine, but David’s eyes were brimming with mischief. Jon squeezed my knee again while I hid my smile with hand and waited.

“Yeah, kid, I don’t think I was even born when they first started playing” David said with a perfectly straight face.

“Hey, I think it’s time we got back on stage. We’ll call you up when we’re ready for the oldies, okay?” the guitarist nodded as he nudged the rest toward the stage. “Thanks for the beers.”

The band went back to the stage and we all began talking at once.

“Stone age? Fuckin’ little pipsqueak” Tico muttered.

“Shit, they could be our kids, ya know” Hugh reminded them all.

“Thanks, man, just what I needed to hear” Tico replied, shaking his head.

“I’ve gotta get them tickets to the show now” Jon commented, dialing his tour manager.

“I wonder what ‘oldie’ they’ll choose for me to play?” Richie laughed.

“You’re gonna jam it up, no matter what, right, bro?” David encouraged with conspiratorial aplomb.

“Nooooooooo….” Richie grinned.

When the time came, they announced they’d play a few audience requests and the guitarist nodded to Richie to join them. Richie carefully looked at the two guitars that were available and after making his selection, he deftly slipped on the shoulder strap and smiled magnanimously. The opening notes to ‘Bad Medicine’ flew from his fingers and suddenly the remainder of the audience sat up and took notice.

Richie was dazzling as he ripped through the chords, interjecting a modest solo at an opportune moment and I saw the expression on the guitarist’s face change to one of respect. Next came ‘Wanted’ and Richie joined the lead singer, adding his voice to the chorus as Jon hummed along softly beside me. After a few moments of consultation with the drummer and the guitarists, they played ‘Thirty Days in the Hole’, the Humble Pie classic I’d wanted to hear, but Richie had to pull Jon up to sing lead as the kid didn’t know the words. Richie stayed on stage for another few songs at the band’s urging as it was clear by now that the ‘guy from New Jersey’ knew how to rock.

The audience applauded loudly when he was finished and Richie shook hands with the guys before stepping down to join us again. Jon had managed to get hold of the tour manager and after a bit of swearing and insistence, he’d informed me that Rick was on his way over with tickets for the show tomorrow night. When Rick arrived, Jon checked the tickets and smiled ruefully as he handed them over to Richie.

“Guess we’ll show ‘em what old farts can really do, eh?” Richie chuckled with satisfaction as he stuffed them back into an envelope and laid them on the stage, quietly mouthing “thank you” as we hurriedly made our way out the door. The guys all did a “high five” as we hit the street and I filled Rick in on what had just taken place.

“They’ll recognize Bon Jovi from now on” he grinned at me. “Those were front row seats.”


**************


When we arrived at our hotel, we checked in and made our way to our rooms. Our luggage had already been deposited and I unpacked my bathrobe and slipped out of my clothes. Jon was sprawled on the bed, flipping through channels on the TV and eyeing me at the same time.

“I feel like a long, hot soak in the tub. Wanna join me?” I coaxed.

“I was just waiting for an invitation” he grinned, yanking his t-shirt over his head.

I poured in some scented bath oil I’d brought from home and lit a few candles, taking Jon’s hand as I stepped into the tub. He followed willingly, sliding his arms around my waist and drawing me close. I drew my fingers across his chest, toying with the soft, downy curls as I gazed into his eyes, dissolving into their sapphire depths. Jon stroked my cheek and smiled as he brushed my lips with his finger and I instinctively took it into my mouth, eliciting a low, gutteral growl of desire from deep within him.

He reached for my hand and placed it over his stiffening erection and groaned softly when my hand closed over his shaft. I lovingly stroked him as I let my eyes wander over his body, noting the chiseled definition of his pecs and the sculptured ab muscles that led their way down to the prize. I lowered myself into the steaming bath with Jon still attached and I pushed him back into the water. I knelt my head down and slowly fed on his length while he leaned back even further with the heaviest of sighs.

I licked ever so lightly, tasting his musk, as my hair swirled around on top of the water, framing my face. The flickering candlelight and the heavy curtain of steam played tricks on his sight and he mused for a moment that some fairy nymph had appeared to seduce him. I dragged my nails along the tender flesh of his thighs and he purred like a kitten as I continued to bathe him with my tongue. I could feel his blood pulsing as I swallowed him deeply and he rewarded me with a loud moan. It wasn’t long before I was rewarded with the first splash of sweet cream as his body twitched and convulsed under my ministrations.

Jon laid there limply as I reached for a sponge and began washing him gently from head to toe. It was a pleasure to see him relax and I savored the opportunity as I kneaded his scalp with my fingers. The warmth of the water and the pulsating orgasm had drained him of energy and he began to drift off to sleep as I rinsed his hair out. I finished bathing myself and I smiled with contentment as I heard a low rumble escape him, signaling me that he was out like a light. I hated to wake him, but I leaned in for a kiss and he stirred as his lips answered mine.

“Did I fall asleep?” he mumbled, still sounding a bit groggy.

“Yes, love, you did. I think we’d better get you to bed before we both shrivel up” I teased.

“Yeah, shrinkage ain’t what I’m aiming for here” he chuckled as he sat up and groaned.

I helped him up and toweled him off and he looked at me through heavy lidded eyes as he stifled a yawn.

“Go to bed, baby. I’ll be along shortly” I laughed.

“But…” he protested.

“Jon, you can barely keep your eyes open and I’m going to just finish up here. Now go” I grinned, adding a quick swat on his butt as I just couldn’t resist.

“I’m just a sex object” he lamented as he dutifully obeyed and shambled off to the bed, promptly falling asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

9 comments:

Bayaderra said...

Welcome back Opester!!!!!
LMAO @the scene with the "young talent". Can't wait to see their reaction to seeing the guys on stage! Stone age my ass! And the bath...uhmmm, I have an urge to go and soak myself now... Ahhh, Calgon...take me away!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, welcome back Opester and yeah, in our neck of the woods now. Can't wait to see what the young fellas reactions is when they see 'the old farts' on stage. That will shut them up. Now waiting in anticipation for the next chapters!!!

Maxine
Kiwigirljbj

Anonymous said...

P.S. Just loved Daves straight faced comment, yeah, we weren't even born when they had their first hit!!! LOL, very good!

Maxine :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! I missed you, but hope that work gets better for you.

I laughed with the guys at the young talent and sighed at the bathroom scene....

And now, off to work I go!!

Thanks for the new chapter!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read about the show and the look in the faces of the young musicians. lol. It would be priceless

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the bar scene. Can hardly wait to see what happens at the concert when the "kids" find out that the "old farts" were the guys they were talking to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Opester

WOOHOO - welcome to NZ lads!
Except you've made our young rockers look like idiots who cant recognise true talent and the best band in the world!!!
He he he!
Am loving it - hope the Kiwi image improves though - some of us would DEFINATELY recognise the lads if they were in our bar...but would be WAY too scared to go up to them!!!
Top work

Dabs71

Sunstreaked said...

God, I just love this story! Love the guys, the dialog, the fun stuff, the locations, every single thing!

You rock, girlfriend!

Ana said...

It was funny what happened at the bar. Let's see what those kids say when they see a real rock show!

The bath... oh yes, my imagination is running and running!!