Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Sauna Part 196

I had decided to wear the green dress tonight as the color went with the holiday theme and Jon was dressed to the nines as well. We made quite a pair as we walked out of the house and Rick let out a long wolf whistle as he saw us. Jon handed him the huge box with Richie’s guitar and I loaded the bag full of gifts into the trunk.

We arrived at Elements just after ten and we were the last ones to make it to the party. I noticed the look of relief on the face of the promoters as we entered the room and they swarmed around Jon almost immediately. Mixing business and pleasure had become a regular affair and I left Jon to talk business while I joined Eva at the bar.

We chatted and laughed while the guys worked the room and I stole an occasional glance over at Jon. He met my gaze and I lowered my eyes as the memory of our earlier frolic was still fresh in my mind. Eventually everyone made their way back to join us and the evening became more social than serious and I was glad to have Jon’s attention once more.

It was a funny thing about our rougher intimate encounters as they seemed to heighten the closeness between us. We found ourselves grinning and smiling all night, leaving others to wonder what secret we shared. I couldn’t meet his eyes without smirking and even Richie commented on our behavior.

“So what’s up with you two? You’d think it was prom night, you’re both so giddy!” he asked curiously.

“It’s just the holidays. I always get excited at Christmas!” I lied, hoping to disguise the real reason.

“That doesn’t explain Jon’s shit-eating grin, Trish” he snickered as the reason began to dawn on him. “Damn, you just got laid, didn’t you?” he said with a laugh as he raised an eyebrow at us.

Jon’s smile became broader and I could feel my face getting hotter. Richie didn’t miss a trick and he couldn’t resist sharing his observations. Jon slipped an arm around my waist and kissed me softly, acknowledging Richie’s comments.

“Busted!” Richie cackled, delighted with himself.

Eva let out a peal of laughter as Tico leaned closer to me to whisper in my ear.

“He’s right, you know, it shows” he said gently, but he was smiling affectionately.

I turned to look at Jon and he gave up any pretense at that point as he kissed me hotly on my lips. I felt myself flush lower as he pressed me tightly against him and I became aware of his growing erection.

“Okay, let’s get this party moving along” I announced impatiently as I reached for the bag of gifts we had brought.

David was dressed as Santa this year and I handed the bag to him as we all moved toward the Christmas tree away from the bar. David sat down on the floor as we gathered around and he collected the bags and boxes of gifts that everyone had brought. This had become a yearly tradition and the record execs and the other industry moguls left us in peace while we exchanged our gifts.

Jon sat on the couch next to Richie and I sat on his lap while Tico and Eva climbed into one of the overstuffed chairs. Hugh made himself comfortable as David rubbed his hands together with glee before digging into the nearest bag and withdrawing a present.

“Richie!” he grinned as he handed him the first package.

He shook the package and frowned as he still had no clue what it contained. It was small and exquisitely wrapped and the tag was from Eva and Tico. He pulled at the ribbon and tore off the paper before opening the lid and Eva nudged me.

“I hope he likes it” she said excitedly.

Richie beamed as he took out the contents and held the two matching hearts with crosses on chains up to show us. One was for him and the other, smaller one on a choker was for Ava, and they were new pieces in Tico’s Rock Star Baby collection.

“They aren’t yet available to the public. You and Ava were the inspiration, Richie” Tico explained.

“I love it man, what an awesome idea” Richie said as he fastened the larger one around his own neck.

He was touched by the tribute and his eyes were moist as he hugged Eva and Tico and they were pleased that he liked it. Tico was really a softie despite his gruffer appearance and I had come to really appreciate his sensitivity.

David reached into another bag and pulled out a small package and squinted as he tried to read the tag. He couldn’t quite make out the writing and handed it to Eva who was better able to see than the rest of us.

“Hugh! It’s from Richie” Eva announced as she handed it back to pass over to Hugh.

“Wow! This is great Rich, thanks!” Hugh exclaimed as he held up his gift.

It was a first edition copy of Hemingway’s ‘Moby Dick’ that Richie had found in a bookstore in Soho and Hugh couldn’t have been more pleased. He was an avid reader and an antique collector and his hobby was boating, I learned. Our gifts seemed to pale in comparison and I hoped we could do better next year as I got to know the guys a little more.

“Trish, here’s one for you” David smiled as he tossed me a box.

I didn’t actually expect anything for me alone and I was surprised as I unwrapped the paper and opened the box. It was a beautiful hand painted silk scarf from Tico and Eva and I gasped when I held it up to admire.

“Did you paint these?” I asked Tico and he nodded.

“It’s gorgeous, thank you so much! I will cherish this” I said as I hugged them both, still admiring the variety of hand painted cats all along the border of the scarf.

“Welcome to the family” Tico smiled and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

Next came David’s turn as he ripped off the wrapping and opened a large box. Inside was another smaller box and inside that was still another box and another after that. He shot Richie a sidelong glance as we all began to giggle. He finally managed to get to the last tiny box and opened it and drew out an old pez dispenser in the shape of The Joker and his face lit up with delight.

“I couldn’t resist!” Richie explained.

David was tickled as he collected all things Joker-related and turned it over and examined it. He opened the head and out popped a pez and we all laughed. Leave it to Richie, he thought of everything!

“I didn’t know they even still made this shit! Thanks, bro, I didn’t have one of these” he smiled as he popped the pez in his mouth.

“I don’t even have to read the tag to know who this is for” David laughed as he handed the huge box that Jon had brought in to Richie.

“Now what could this possibly be?” Richie said as he rolled his eyes at Jon who made duck lips.

“Just open the stupid thing, asshole!” Jon grimaced.

Richie tore off the paper and I sighed, thinking I could have re-used it and Jon squeezed my hand. He was the only one who knew about my penchant for saving the paper, but proceeded to tell the tale to the others.

“Sorry, doll! You should have warned me sooner!” Richie mumbled as he pulled out the six-string and fingered it lovingly.

“Aw, man, this is sweet! You always manage to find one I haven’t seen before!” he said appreciatively.

“Yeah, and you have no idea how hard that is when you have several hundred!” Jon nodded.

Richie was still caressing the burnished wood like a lover touches his paramour while David moved on to the next gift. And so it went as we took turns opening our presents and thanking each other. Eva loved her slippers and Tico was smoking a Cuban as he opened the golf club covers and grinned.

“Shit! Lemme guess? Trish?” he chuckled and I grinned back as he hugged me.

“And that’s a golf accessory even you didn’t have!” Eva teased as she pinched Tico’s arm.

Jon groaned as I opened yet another cat related item and added it to the growing collection at my feet. Richie smirked wickedly as David tossed Jon a package from him. He looked absolutely ridiculous wearing the hat with the scarf we had given him along with his suit, but he loved it and wore it the rest of the night.

Jon opened the package carefully and looked as though he was afraid something might jump out and bite him. It wouldn’t have surprised me if it had judging from Richie’s expression. He could barely contain himself as Jon opened the box and realized the contents were harmless. They were cookies, but made in the shape of a cat. He shook his head and smiled as he took a bite. Richie was nearly convulsing with laughter now as Jon made a face and started to gag.

“Jesus Jon, they’re gourmet cat treats for Zeke!” Richie howled and I thought Jon was going to throttle him.

“Here, man, have a drink!” Richie tried to appease him as he handed him a glass of wine and Jon spat a mouthful into a wad of wrapping paper.

I was laughing so hard now that the tears were streaming down my face and I wasn’t alone. This was even better than Richie had hoped as he figured Jon would have read the little card inside first before actually eating one. Jon gulped down the wine and went after Richie who ran off, howling hysterically as he clutched the last gift left to open.

When they finally returned and sat down Richie added insult to injury as he reminded me that I’d been with him when he bought them. I remembered now how tickled he’d been in the gourmet shop when he steered me away from seeing what he had found.

“You knew? And you let me eat that?” Jon demanded, his eyes wide with shock.

“Honestly, Jon, I didn’t know what they were” I protested and Richie spoke up in my defense.

“I wouldn’t let her see what I bought” he explained. “So, bro, how were they? D’ya think my Zekey boy will like ’em?” he asked and we all roared with laughter again while Jon scowled.

“Go ahead, asshole, open your last present” Jon goaded him.

Richie looked at the present he was holding and examined the tag.

“From Zeke?” he asked curiously as he tore off the wrapping.

Now it was Jon’s turn to smirk as Richie pulled out the framed picture of him with Zeke in his lap. I had to laugh as I knew what it was and Richie held it up for everyone to see before grinning at Jon.

“Aaawww, my Zekey boy misses me!” Richie purred smoothly without missing a beat. “Trish, make sure Jon doesn’t eat all his treats” he winked.

Jon’s attempt to make Richie jealous with Zeke’s new found affection fell flat completely as Richie managed to turn it around by teasing Jon instead. I felt like a traitor, but I couldn’t help myself when Richie was on such a roll. Jon finally gave in, setting aside his bruised ego, and laughed at himself along with the rest of us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!
I can't stop laughing at the mental picture of Jon eating a cat treat!!! You have outdone yourself!!! It was a wonderful chapter:warm, sweet and soooo funny! Very family like feeling,wish I was there ;)
Bayaderra.

Sunstreaked said...

I've been laughing like a loon over Jon eating Zeke's cat cookies! Can see David acting goofy in the Santa suit and love how they are just such a big happy family. Love it about the real Bon Jovi and love it here in your story!

Ok, now can I be greedy and hope for more soon?

Opester said...

Aaaww, thanks guys! I will admit that I really enjoyed writing that chapter, especially the image of Jon eating the kitty treat with Richie splitting a gut in the background.
There'll be more soon, Sun, I promise!

Anonymous said...

The chapter was great! I can't stop smiling. I loved the gift Richie bought for Zeke. :)

Sheena

Opester said...

Sheena, I knew you would love this one-we're both such big cat fans (or fanatics), LOL!

Ana said...

That was very funny!! Our Jonny cannot resist a cookie!!