Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Sauna Part 203

Jon kissed me hungrily and I returned his ardor with my own. The evening’s tension found its release in desire and soon we were tangled together in a tempestuous embrace. The scorching heat from his lips set my body aflame as he trailed his way down my throat, pushing my dress off my shoulder. The garment wouldn’t cooperate quite enough and he reached around behind me to loosen the zipper.

I arched my back as I felt his lips on my breast, quenching the need he had sparked. I pushed his jacket off as he laid me back on the seat and his hands roamed over my body, searching for the opening he knew he would find. His finger slid into my slippery center and I welcomed it with a spasm of longing.

“Damn, baby, I don’t know if I can wait ’till we get home” he growled.

“It’s a short ride, love, try and hold on” I tried to persuade him.

He entered me with another two fingers and I shoved my fist in my mouth, trying to stifle my cries. I attempted to follow my own suggestion, but Jon cackled mischievously as he stroked my inner walls and I whimpered, silently urging the driver to speed up the car. His teeth nipped my flesh and I lost my resolve as my body responded instinctively to his prodding. I could only imagine the satisfied smirk he was sporting as he licked at my nipple.

“You’re an evil one, Jon” I panted as he sat up and looked at me, licking his fingers.

“I’m just getting started” he crowed as the car came to a halt.

We were home. Thank Goddess, I thought to myself as he pulled me up to a sitting position and I frantically tried to straighten my dress. Jon was chuckling softly and I couldn’t help giggling now too. He zipped up the dress and retrieved his jacket which had ended up on the floor as he unlocked the door.

“Happy New Year” the driver called as I took Jon’s hand and he helped me out of the limo.

Jon looked at his watch and it was just about midnight. He thrust a wad of bills in the driver’s hand and grinned.

“It will be soon” he cackled again as he grabbed the bottle of champagne Tony had given us. “If we hurry, we can still make it inside” he whispered.

He grabbed my hand and we ran up the walk towards the door. The clock was chiming as we spilled into the house and Jon uncorked the champagne and held the bottle to my lips.

“Happy New Year, husband!” I replied as I handed the bottle to him and he took a swig.

“Happy New Year, wife! Let’s go celebrate properly” he crooned in my ear.

He scooped me up in his arms and carried me into the bedroom, ignoring the cats as they cried for their snack. I didn’t protest as we fell on the bed and Jon ripped off my dress and I tore at his shirt. The buttons went flying and he yanked down his pants as I spread my legs in invitation. He was inside me so fast that I gasped at his urgency.

We made love with abandon that night and it felt good to let go as we drowned in each other’s abyss. When we finished, we were drained but contented, and it was now New Year’s Day.

“It’s gonna be a good year” Jon announced as he reached for the champagne and took a drink before handing it to me.

“I know it will be” I smiled as I kissed him affectionately on the lips.

We drifted off to sleep, but I woke abruptly as Eddie screamed in my ear. He was hungry and we hadn’t fed them in our haste to satisfy our own needs. I groaned but he was insistent and screamed again, waking Jon this time too.

“Shit, we didn’t feed them, did we?” he observed through heavy lidded eyes.

“No, we didn’t and they don’t forget. Stay here, I’ll take care of it” I offered and I rolled out of bed.

I threw on my robe and padded out to the kitchen, followed by a gaggle of talking cats. I grabbed a can of cat food and opened it, scraping the contents onto a plate. It was New Year’s Day now and they always got wet food on the holidays. I set the plate down and they surrounded it like a posse and began devouring their treat while they purred.

“Happy New Year, boys” I smirked as I went back to the bedroom.

“Mhmmnn, c’mere” Jon purred too as he drew me against him.

I snuggled into his warmth and soon we were both fast asleep, dreaming peacefully.


*********************


New Year’s Day was quiet and we had no plans, so we took advantage of the opportunity and slept in rather late. The phone rang around eleven and Jon woke up to answer it.

“Hello?” he said rather thickly, his voice still heavy with sleep.

“Jon, it’s Matt. There’s been an accident. Mom’s in the hospital and we think she might have had a heart attack!” Matt said frantically.

“Shit! Where are you? What happened?” Jon began asking questions all at once.

I sat up now too and gleaned the details by listening to Jon’s conversation with his brother. I gathered that Matt had taken Carol and John out for breakfast and Carol began having chest pains at the restaurant. They were at the hospital now and Matt was calling Jon and Tony to let them know what happened.

“C’mon, babe, we’d better get down there. It might be serious” Jon said distractedly as he hung up the phone and jumped out of bed.

He pulled on a pair of jeans and a thermal shirt while I dug in my drawer and found a turtleneck and my jeans. We dressed quickly and raced out the door after I made sure the cats had their food as I didn’t know how long we’d be gone. We arrived at the hospital before noon and saw Matt in the waiting area looking distraught.

“Where’s mom? Is she in with the doctor?” Jon asked immediately.

“Yeah, she just went in and they let dad go with her to calm her down” Matt explained.

He looked like a ghost as he sat there, staring helplessly at his hands as they twisted in his lap. Jon went to the reception desk to see if he could get any further details and I sat down beside Matt to wait. There was nothing worse than not knowing.

“Can I get you some coffee or something to eat? Did you have breakfast at all?” I asked, trying to soothe him.

“Just leave me alone! This is all your fault!” he hissed as he looked at me with hatred.

“What the hell are you talking about? We weren’t even there!” Jon retorted, overhearing the exchange as he walked back to where we were sitting.

“It’s the Fan Club, Jon! We were talking about it when the chest pains started. You took away everything mom had in order to give it away to your tramp” Matt spat back.

“Watch yourself, bro. That’s my wife you’re talking about and your treading on thin ice right now” Jon warned him through clenched teeth.

His voice was menacing and his eyes were the color of storm clouds in winter. I felt my stomach muscles clench tighter and I wished I could just disappear at that moment. The last thing anyone needed was a family feud and I was trying to think of how to intervene when I saw John Sr. approaching us.

“Jon! It’s your dad” I announced, drawing his attention away from his brother as I looked toward his father.

“How’s mom? Is she okay? Was it a heart attack?” Matt stammered.

“Relax, guys, she’s just fine. It was a goddam panic attack!” John said disgustedly. “Your mother worked herself up into a lather and she had an attack of anxiety” he repeated.

I saw both of Carol’s sons relax and breathe a sigh of relief. John was shaking his head in disbelief and he his face looked drawn as he sat down heavily next to me.

“The doctor explained it, but apparently she started hyperventilating and that caused the tingling and numbness we thought was a stroke and the chest pain itself was all stress-induced. Is that possible, Trish? Can someone actually work themselves up that much?” he asked, turning to me.

“Oh yeah, they sure can. It’s not even that uncommon. I’m glad she’s okay. Will they be releasing her soon?” I asked.

“As soon as the doctor writes her a prescription for some tranquilizer and she quits arguing with the poor man” he explained. “You guys might as well go home and consider it a false alarm.”

Matt and Jon were still glaring at each other and I badly wished that Jon would take his dad’s advice. It wasn’t the time or the place to deal with Matt’s remarks and I was pretty sure that Matt would still blame me for this.

“Perhaps we should leave. I’m sure your mom won’t want an audience” I urged Jon.

Tony arrived just in time to catch the tail end of the conversation and John explained it again for his benefit. I was anxious to get Jon alone and warn him about the risks involved in using tranquilizers, most likely Xanax, and drinking. I highly doubted that the ER doc had any idea that he was prescribing an addicting medication to an addict already, but I didn’t dare mention this in front of everyone.

“Dad, we’re gonna take off as long as mom’s alright. Let us know if there’s anything you need, okay?” Jon said through clenched teeth.

John Sr. nodded and we started to head towards the exit when Jon’s mom appeared, looking quite put out and railing at the nurse who accompanied her. We hesitated in order to see what the commotion was when Carol began demanding that they leave immediately.

“I will see my own doctor, thank you. We’re finished here” she announced.

The nurse motioned to Jon’s dad as Carol walked away in a huff and Matt followed behind her. Jon, Tony and I waited to see what the nurse had wanted and John walked towards us, waving a prescription.

“They wouldn’t give her the prescription because her blood alcohol level was too high and they had concerns she might abuse it” he explained casually.

I was relieved I didn’t have to bring it up myself now and I silently thanked the doctor for being such a sharp cookie. I was surprised that no one seemed terribly concerned about this and I was a little dismayed at how easily they all just accepted it without much reaction and I wondered if they understood the implications. I had to say something.

“Is it Xanax? If it is, you really will need to be careful as it’s highly addictive and if she drinks while she’s taking it, it could be very dangerous as it will decrease her respiratory function” I said finally.

The three men turned and stared at me and I wondered if I’d really pushed my recent family member status a bit too far. I suddenly felt very uncomfortable, but I stood my ground. They needed to take the doctor’s concerns more seriously. I stared at the floor, waiting for someone to say something, anything.

“Do you think my wife has a drinking problem?” John Sr. asked me.

“Uhm, yes, I do” I stammered.

I could feel myself blushing as the three of them continued to look directly at me. I wasn’t going to lie about what I thought, but I looked at Jon’s face and I couldn’t read it and that was disconcerting.

“Do you think so?” I asked, wanting to know where the family stood.

“Yes, I agree with you, Trish” Jon’s dad replied.

“I didn’t really think so, but I’m starting to wonder” Tony added.

“I didn’t want to believe it was as bad as it is, but I’m beginning to see it” Jon said finally and I breathed a little easier.

“I think it’s about time that we all admit that your mother is drinking too much. You kids go home now. I’ll speak to her later after Matt drops us off” John said resolutely and we all nodded.

Finally! I was relieved that the family, especially Jon, acknowledged that there was a problem. I hoped that Jon’s dad would be able to help Carol see it, but I doubted it. At least there was no more denial about it, although I wondered how Matt would react. I hoped he would begin to see the light too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard Problem with a drinker in the family. I know it from first hand and it is so incredibly incriminating to deal with it. More than ever when the drinker isn´t seeing, she has a problem.

Matt seems to be a real ass in your story. Like I´ve written in my last comment. I think he just sees what he wants to see, the bad things he blinds out.

Can´t wait where this will go, you really got me hooked.

Trina

Anonymous said...

You have them down to a T. I clsoe my eyes and I can see everything you have written.

fantastic chapter!

Alice Faye

Sunstreaked said...

Boy oh boy, that "white elephant" in the room is ignored until it's fallen down on top of you. Curious about Jon's reaction. Matt ain't gonna play ball either, that's pretty apparent, although Tony seems to be okay.

Really like John Sr. and my jaw hit the floor when he asked Trish if "his wife had a drinking problem". Whew! Talk about being put on the spot!

These last several chapters have been nail biters! Keep 'em comin'!!!

Ana said...

That was very tense!
I first thought something very bad happened, but I'm glad it wasn't.
Very brave of Trish to say what she thought.
Let's see how all this ends, but it doesn't seem to be easy with Carol and Matt.