Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Sauna Part 223

Jon and Jim came back with a couple movies to choose from and they all met with my approval. I left the final selection to the three of them and went to make popcorn while they decided where we would watch. The only TV was upstairs in our bedroom and the guys disconnected the thing and brought it down to the living room.

“Babe, we’ve gotta buy another TV for the bedroom” Jon whispered in my ear as he joined me in the kitchen.

He was sweating a bit as it had been quite a chore to move such a large television and hook up the DVD player again. I nodded in assent as it wasn’t reasonable to haul the thing back and forth when we had company, but I was determined to find a cabinet where we could hide it in the living room as I hated the way a TV spoiled the looks of a room. Maybe we’d get a stereo too while we were at it.

Jon cracked open a bottle of wine and I carried the popcorn into the living room as Jim got the last of the cords plugged in and turned on the television. He popped the DVD into the player and we all settled in to watch ‘The Bourne Supremacy’. I sat on the floor and rested my head on Jon’s thigh and Cherie and Jim did the same on the other end of the couch.

The movie was good and held our attention and I was glad that we had chosen to stay home. Floyd curled up in my lap while Cherie was saddled with Opie in hers and Zeke was perched on the couch by Jon’s head. Eddie stretched out between us on the floor and rolled onto his back for a belly rub. It was nice to spend a quiet evening with friends and the cats.

When the movie was over, we said goodnight to our friends and headed upstairs for a soak in the hot tub before bed. The steamy hot water felt soothing as we stretched out and relaxed, enjoying the opportunity to be alone together. I slipped behind him and kneaded his shoulders and arms, working any remaining stiffness out of his muscles.

“It’s so good to be home, Trish” he said softly.

“I’m glad we had a couple of days to have fun and hang out with Cherie and Jim, but tomorrow I have to pack and take care of some things before we head back to Europe on Friday. I’ve been neglecting my responsibilities lately and there are some things with Backstage and the Foundation that I need to attend to” I told him.

“I’m sure the boss will understand that you needed some time with your husband” he grinned and I made a face.

“Yeah, but it isn’t my ‘boss’ that I’m worried about. Do you think you can entertain Cherie and Jim tomorrow while I take care of some business? It seems like you and Jim have become regular buddies” I observed ruefully.

“You know, he’s okay. I actually like him. I wouldn’t have offered him the job to write the biography of the band if I didn’t” he replied.

“How do you think the guys are going to like that idea?” I wondered.

“We’ll find out soon enough, but I think they’ll be cool with it” he shrugged. “What do you think will happen between him and Cherie? Has she said any more about Dave or when she’s planning to go home?” he asked.

“She hasn’t said anything about going back to Buffalo, but I’m not pushing her either. I was really surprised that she and Jim got together, but they seem to be good for each other and Cherie’s a lot calmer than I’ve ever seen her. I can’t say I’d be disappointed if it works out between them” I answered.

We were starting to look like prunes from the water and I yawned as I thought about all that I needed to do tomorrow. Jon stood up and gave me his hand and we grabbed our towels and dried ourselves off. The cats were already on the bed waiting and Eddie mewed that it was now passed his bedtime.

“Guess that’s a hint?” Jon chuckled as he stripped off the towel and climbed into bed.

I smiled affectionately at the cats as they repositioned themselves to make room for me and I climbed in beside Jon and stifled another yawn. The hot tub had done me in and I was ready for sleep as I laid my head on his chest.

“The heart is willing, love, but the body’s dead tired” I explained as he cupped my breast and fingered a nipple.

“S’okay babe, I’m tired too” he replied, yawning himself and we drifted off to sleep.


***************


Jon woke me Thursday morning with his kisses and I opened my eyes to a pair of heavenly blue eyes gazing deeply into mine. I smiled back lovingly at him and he tapped my thigh with a fully erect Lil’ Jon.

“I’m awake now” I giggled as I rolled onto my back and Jon straddled me.

I opened my legs in unspoken answer to Lil’ Jon’s question and he slid into me with a groan from Big Jon. We made love without haste and without hesitation, enjoying the opportunity to wake up together. When we were finished, I realized the cats hadn’t nagged us yet for their breakfast.

“Where are the little monsters? They’re usually hungry by now” I wondered aloud.

“I heard noises downstairs, so my guess is that Jim was up first and already fed them” Jon replied lazily.

“Goddess, what time is it? I’ve got so much to do today!” I said, sitting up suddenly and shaking off the languor I felt.

“Relax, darlin’, it’s still pretty early. It’s just past nine” he reassured me.

I rolled out of bed and headed for the shower and Jon went downstairs to fetch us some coffee before joining me. He saw Jim in the kitchen making breakfast while he poured coffee into two mugs.

“Thanks for feeding the children, man. It’s nice to wake up without a symphony of cat cries for a change” Jon said with a smile.

“No problem. I was up and they heard me, so I fed them before they started nagging” he laughed. “In the mood for some breakfast?” he offered.

“No thanks, just coffee for now. Trish is already in the shower and has an agenda today, so I’d better get with the program” he replied, shaking his head.

“Uh-oh, what’s the plan for today?” Jim asked, curious that I’d hit the shower before coffee.

“She’s got some business to take care of and then there’s the packing for the trip” Jon replied, rolling his eyes.

“So, we’re on our own today?” Jim laughed.

“Pretty much. I’ll be back in a bit” he replied, taking the mugs and hurrying upstairs.

I was nearly finished when Jon stepped into the shower and he looked disappointed. He was quicker than me, though, and caught up as I was ready to step out. I saw the coffee sitting on the counter and smiled. It was the little things Jon did that made me feel loved the most.

“Thanks, babe” I said, acknowledging his gesture as he stepped out in a towel.

“I’ll leave you alone this morning as I know you’ve got things to do. I think I’ll go down and keep Jim company and take him up on his offer for breakfast. Do you need anything else?” he smiled indulgently.

“I’m good for now” I assured him as he pulled on his jeans and a t-shirt and left me to take care of my chores.

I got dressed quickly and wrapped my hair in a towel to dry and sat down at the computer to check my email. There were several from Jon’s lawyer and a couple from the web designer I’d hired as a consultant for Backstage. I opened those first as I was anxious to see what he’d come up with so far.

I read through the plan he had sent and opened the link to the sample page he’d created. I liked the design, but I wasn’t happy with the color or the particular images he’d chosen to use and emailed him back with my thoughts. He’d come up with a plan to create a separate adult-only section for the website which would require a password and a small fee. I wished there was a way to verify age without charging a fee, but it was the credit card info that would insure only adults could access the area. I wrote him another email suggesting a plan to re-credit the charges to the member once they logged in for the first time as I really felt that the membership fee was enough for fans to pay.

I opened the emails from the lawyer and that kept me busy for some time as I downloaded and read the attachments he’d sent. The language of contracts was difficult to wade through and I needed more coffee before tackling that chore. I also needed to write out the outline for how I wanted the RFP’s (Requests for Proposals) to be formatted as he indicated that a number of potential award recipients had already contacted him.

I went down to the kitchen where Jon was having pancakes and chatting with Jim about some of the band’s history that he didn’t know. I refilled my cup and started a fresh pot of coffee before leaving them to continue their discussion. I returned to the computer and spent the rest of the morning engrossed in the paperwork I’d been sent. It was after noon by the time Jon came upstairs to check on my progress.

1 comment:

Sunstreaked said...

Love how comfortable Trish and Jon are - some of the most intimate moments can come from closeness and not sex.

Why oh why do I think the others involved in the management of the fan club are deliberately throwing legalese at Trish in an effort to baffle and perhaps sabotage her? Grrr! Mom and Matt???

Very nice chapter and I love Jon feeling more secure now with Jim!