Friday, July 11, 2008

The Sauna Part 211

I had spent the next several hours unpacking and getting us all settled in when I decided to take a bath to relax and clean off the grime from the airport. Something about traveling always made me feel grubby and it felt good to sink into the tub and just relax. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, imagining Jon on stage as he wowed the crowd and I wished I could be there with him. I felt myself growing more excited as my mind lingered over the image it had created. I reached between my legs in an attempt to soothe the ache that was growing there, but my reverie was interrupted when the phone rang and I reached over to answer it, expecting the call from Jon.

“Hello” I purred languorously into the receiver.

“Trish?” the voice on the other end responded, sounding a bit hesitant.

The voice was familiar, but I couldn’t place it immediately and I sat up a bit straighter, realizing it wasn’t Jon. I shook my head to clear the fog while I struggled to try and remember where I had heard that voice before.

“Yes, this is Trish” I replied with some hesitation.

“Uhm, hey Trish, it’s Jim. It just didn’t sound like you at first. I wanted to call and tell you that Cherie and I are making good time and it looks like we may get there a day early. I’m thinking we’ll probably be in Colorado by tomorrow afternoon and we should get to your place around dinner time. Is that okay with you?” he asked tentatively.

“Wow, Jim, I’m sorry. I guess my mind was elsewhere. You just took me by surprise as I was expecting another call, but sure, tomorrow is fine” I said, still feeling a bit surprised.

“Okay, just checking. You must’ve been expecting a call from Jon?” he snickered, recognizing the sultry tone in my voice was meant for someone else.

“Yeah, he should be wrapping up the show in England shortly. The drive is going okay then?” I inquired, changing the subject now that I was embarrassed.

“It’s been great actually. We decided to leave earlier since Cherie was anxious to get outta town and we drove straight through the first night, but I think we’re gonna stop somewhere tonight. I need to sleep in a real bed. Wanna talk to her?” he explained before passing the phone to her.

“Trish! We’re not that far away now! I can’t believe what good time we’ve been making!” Cherie gushed on the other end.

“That’s terrific, Cher! I can’t wait to see you and the boys will be happy to see their favorite Aunt” I laughed.

Cherie was always enthusiastic about everything she did, but it was unusual for her to be this impulsive. She’d barely taken a moment to consider my suggestion about a visit before readily agreeing to come out and that just wasn’t like her. She usually needed at least a month to plan almost anything, even an evening out. I began to think that things with her and Dave must be worse than I imagined and I remembered our previous phone call. It was the first time I’d ever heard her say that she had thought about leaving him. Usually it was Dave who threatened divorce when they were fighting.

“Cherie, are you okay, girl? I’m really worried about you. Is there something you aren’t telling me?” I probed a bit further and I was met by silence on the other end.

“Cher?” I asked again.

“We’ll talk when I get there, okay?” she said beseechingly.

“Okay, kiddo, but I wanna know what’s going on” I answered, realizing she might not want Jim to know all the intimate details. “Drive safe, okay? I’ll be here” I added.

“I’m okay now Trish, don’t worry” she reassured me but I still didn’t believe her.

After I hung up I began thinking back to some of the things I had seen between her and Dave over the years. I never liked his jealousy and I always used to wonder if he was cheating himself as he was always so ready to accuse her even though it was the last thing Cherie would ever do. Driving out here alone with Jim was either going to be the nail in the coffin for their marriage or it would push the issue out into the open once and for all. I was still lost in my thoughts when the phone rang again and this time it was Jon.

“Hey, doll, how’s it going? Are you all settled in now?” he said breathlessly.

“I was just relaxing in the hot tub while I was waiting for your call” I replied provocatively, feeling myself beginning to tingle at the sound of his throaty chuckle.

“Shit, babe, don’t torture me when I’m sitting here at the bar with the guys” he groaned.

“Then I guess I won’t tell you what I was just doing” I giggled.

Jon’s throat tightened and he made a rasping sound as he envisioned the picture my words had painted. His cock twitched reflexively and he took a deep swallow of beer as he tried to collect his thoughts.

“You can give me all the details when I get back to my room” he said thickly, wishing he’d gone there first to make the call.

“Okay, okay, I’ll save the graphic description for when you’re alone” I laughed.

“It’s a little too late now, darlin’, since I’ve already got a boner the size of Nebraska” he teased.

“Now who’s torturing who?” I bantered back, slipping a finger inside my creamy folds.

“I’d better let Richie and Teek say hello before I’ve got a wet spot I’ll have to explain” he warned, shaking his head as he held up the phone.

I heard the guys in the background over the music at the bar as they all chimed in to say “Hi Trish” and I found myself grinning and wishing I could be there to enjoy the camaraderie. I wanted to tell Jon that I’d arranged for Jim to stay with the cats, but I wasn’t too sure how he’d handle the idea of my ex-boyfriend coming for a visit when he was thousands of miles overseas.

“Say hey to the guys and tell them that I actually miss the whole lot of you” I said wistfully.

“I’d better go before my pants get any tighter and cut off my circulation. I just wanted to say goodnight, baby, and tell you I love you” he said in a whisper.

Despite his attempt at candor, I could hear all the cackles and murmurs in the background and I was reasonably sure it was David who was making the ‘kissy’ noises I heard. Poor Jon, I thought to myself. There’d be little mercy tonight.

“Hey assholes, shut the fuck up! You’re all just jealous!” he scowled at the guys.

“G’night Trish, we’ll keep Jonny boy entertained for ya!” Richie cackled maniacally into the phone.

“Gimme that phone, you mother fucker” I heard Jon mutter as he grabbed the phone back from Richie, followed by “Sorry, babe, they’re in rare form tonight” he added apologetically.

“It sounds like the patients are running the asylum” I giggled. “I’d better let you go and play with the kids before I get you in more trouble. I love you, baby. I miss you” I said, my voice sounding steadier than I felt.

“I miss you too, lady. I’ll call you tomorrow when these assholes aren’t here” he replied indulgently. “Goodnight, baby.”

“Goodnight, love” I said, holding back tears until I’d hung up.

I climbed out of the hot tub and dried myself off as I made my way to the bedroom. I bit my lip as I climbed into bed by myself. It was going to be a very long couple of weeks and this was only just the beginning. I tossed and turned and found myself unable to sleep in an empty bed. I finally gave up after an idea struck me and I chuckled. I wouldn’t be the only one losing sleep tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It sounds like the patients are running the asylum".. how very funny! and so very true!

Sunstreaked said...

Sooo glad Trish gets to leave earlier to see Jon - lol, she obviously misses him! And what little torment did she think up for him to wake up to? Hmmm?

Fun chapter and there's another one! I'm thanking your muse for all your posting lately! Yowza!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that phone conversation!

Linda