Saturday, May 17, 2008

Notice to All My Readers

I want to apologize to all my readers who have enjoyed The Sauna so far. Unfortunately there has been a particular person who takes exception to my story-and I emphasize the word STORY-who has tended to personalize a particular character that took on a different persona. Because of the harrassing comments she has begun leaving that are quite personal in nature I have decided to make the comments visible only to me so that I can screen them first before making them public. I apologize for this inconvenience and want you to know that I do appreciate your feedback and comments and I hope that you will continue to leave comments for me as you have in the past. They mean a lot, especially in view of the recent abusive posts by one person. Thank you for understanding and I hope you will continue to enjoy reading as much as I continue to enjoy writing! Thanks so much for your support and loyalty! Trish and Jon add their thanks too, LOL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How unfortunate that someone has taken exception to the story - like you said Opester, it is a story - not real life.
They don't like how you've portrayed a character - again, it's a story.
Anyone that knows the 'real' person should know that this person is not the character. The name has been borrowed - that's it. If they believe that the character you have created is the 'real' person's persona, I would tell the 'real' person to get new friends, if that's what they are supposed to be. And, if the 'real' person has taken exception to their character, I say, be flattered. You are a part of a GREAT story. You are playing a different character. Think of yourself as an actor.
Enjoy what the story is, an escape from the real world and into a world of fantasy.

Opester said...

Thanks Angael, I appreciate your understanding.

Anonymous said...

Opester, I love your story. Keep on writing.

If people don't like your "intrepretation" of a character get you down, then all they have to do is not read it. Plain and simple.
It's a story, a great story.
It's not like you or any of us KNOW the real Jon, it's your character and your fictional portrayal of him that keeps us wanting more.

Thanks for letting us escape. It's been an enjoyable ride.

Opester said...

Thank you for your kind words and support Anonymous and angael2000-I'll keep posting as long as folks are enjoying the story! My characters are often composites of people I have known along with a good dose of imagination and are truly not intended to suggest accurate representations of people. I'm glad that folks generally get that, it was just one person who took things a bit too literally. The purpose of the story was to entertain and perhaps share some subjects that might spark interest or curiosity in others, it was never intended to be taken literally.