Monday, May 5, 2008

The Sauna Part 166

Jon began making the fire while I rummaged through the cabinets for a couple of mugs and poured us each a cup of coffee. Soon the fire was blazing and the nighttime chill from the desert had dissipated. I felt Jon’s hands as he came up behind me and lifted my sweater over my head. He rested his chin on my shoulder and nuzzled my neck as he spoke in an inviting whisper.

“Come to bed, baby” he beckoned.

I turned around to face him and the look on his face was beguiling. I saw the hint of desire, but it was the infinite love in his eyes that was my undoing. I felt the warmth that flowed from him wash over me like a wave and I wanted nothing more than to drown in his arms forever. He pulled me against him and stroked my cheek as he kissed me and I melted into him, losing myself in the moment.

He carried me to the bed and laid me gently upon the soft cushion as he bent to remove my jeans. I reached for his face and drew him down towards me and he covered me with his kisses. My hands slid beneath his sweater and my fingers trailed along his sides as he lifted his arms above his head. I pulled at the sweater, relishing the sight of his body as I revealed it slowly, inch by inch.

He stood up for a moment to strip off his jeans while I watched, my hunger to feel his naked flesh against my own growing steadily. My gaze lingered briefly on his muscular ass before I focused my appreciation on the muscle that caught my attention as he faced me. I stretched out my arms to embrace him and he lowered himself into me. My breath hitched as he filled me with his length and I felt him sigh contentedly in my ear.

He kept himself still for a moment, allowing us to savor the feeling before he withdrew and plunged in again. I stroked his back lightly with my fingers, urging him to keep the pace slow as our need for each other continued to build. His lips sought my own and we drank deeply, joining at every level.

I could sense my orgasm approaching and I tried to hold back, wishing to prolong the pleasure. Jon felt me tense and he instinctively picked up the rhythm and I was unable to stem the tide as I felt myself yield to his loving. I cried out his name as I fell over the edge and I dragged him along with me as we shuddered from our release.

Our breathing was ragged as we lay entwined in each other’s arms and I could barely make out the sound of the brook that ran just outside the cottage. The twilight had descended and the room was lit only by the glow from the fire and the flush from our bodies. Jon rolled to his side and I followed, unwilling to sever the connection of our bodies.

I inhaled the scent of our lovemaking, mingled with the heady scent of the juniper logs on the fire as we began to return to this plane. My heart rate began to slow, matching the steady beat from beside me as Jon began to come down from the high. I rubbed my cheek against the soft fur on his chest and he chuckled at the satisfied purr that escaped my lips.

It was early yet and we weren’t quite ready to go to sleep, but the idea of turning on the TV seemed too out of place after such an inspiring interlude. I sat up finally and shook out my hair as I grabbed his hand and pulled him up beside me.

“It’s a gorgeous night, my love. Let’s go for a walk beneath the stars” I suggested and Jon grinned.

“I realize our cottage is secluded, but I think perhaps we should get dressed first” he teased and I giggled.

I felt like a young girl suddenly and lighter in heart than I had felt earlier. I sprang from the bed and tossed him his clothes as I began to get dressed. The energy I experienced now was contagious and Jon jumped up and pulled on his jeans as I popped my head through my turtleneck and soon we were fully clothed and ready to explore Sedona by moonlight.

Our cottage was set in the woods, but I was anxious to see the infamous red rock cathedral at night and Jon was feeling pretty indulgent. He grabbed the keys and we stopped at the lobby to ask for directions. Sedona was a small community and we didn’t need to travel far before we saw Cathedral Rock looming before us.

The temperature had dropped significantly since nightfall and I pulled my jacket tightly around me as we walked closer to the rock. It was a simple path that we followed and we had the area to ourselves as we came closer. A rabbit darted away ahead of us a short distance and I could almost imagine it had been the fabled jackalope.

I could feel the buzz of energy that emanated from the vortex and I squeezed Jon’s hand in acknowledgement as we neared the base of the rock. I was surprised when Jon dropped to his knees but I followed suit and did likewise, bending to kneel beside him. He reached out his arms in supplication to the forces of the universe and began to speak.

“Lady and Lord, I come to honor and thank you for the abundant gifts you have given me. I have been blessed many times over in this lifetime, but I have never known so great a gift as the woman beside me. She has awakened my soul and healed all that was once broken and I am beyond grateful to you for guiding me to her. You have blessed our union and I know I will never be alone again as long as she loves me” he cried as the tears streamed down his cheeks.

I was sobbing silently beside him as he turned to me and again pledged his love for eternity. I held him close as we kissed beneath the waxing moon and I uttered my own devotion to him, too moved to be eloquent.

“I have always loved you, Jon, even since before I knew you in this life. Our lives are forever woven together, as if in a single cord, and I could never live without loving you. You are the wellspring from which my life flows” I said through my tears.

I touched his cheek with my hand and he brought it to his lips, kissing my palm tenderly. I felt a current of electricity run through me and I wanted him again and he was drawn to me like a magnet. He took me again at the foot of Cathedral Rock and our bliss was exquisite as we made love beneath the stars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT, calming chapter. REALLY enjoyed it!

Sunstreaked said...

~~ I am SUCH a word/phrase junkie, just can’t get enough, and these were just a few of the gems in this chapter:

I saw the hint of desire, but it was the infinite love in his eyes that was my undoing.

My gaze lingered briefly on his muscular ass before I focused my appreciation on the muscle that caught my attention as he faced me.

I rubbed my cheek against the soft fur on his chest and he chuckled at the satisfied purr that escaped my lips.

~~ Once again, you have surprised me with Jon’s character. Perhaps there was something spiritual, as well as emotional, missing from his life that he has found with Trish. I can see his acceptance of ‘other paths’ growing from chapter to chapter and think you’re showing this as missing from his life and perhaps that’s why he is accepting of it and now even giving back to it. This was also a surprise as I expected a bit of aftermath in Trish after seeing her ex and I think Jon does calm her too.

Ana said...

Nice and lovely.
What a nice words he said to Trish.
And what a good feeling making love beneath the stars.

Hmmm, if I ever get to be in a place like that, I'll have to do it too!