Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Sauna Part 168

Outside in the sunlight again, I took a deep breath and filled my lungs with the fresh air. It had been stifling inside and I needed the cool breeze to shake off the remnants of the trance so that I could begin to process all that we’d learned. Jon was wound up and reminded me of the energizer bunny as he scampered along in front of me, chattering with excitement as his adrenalin ran amok.

“What did he mean? Why wouldn’t he take us back again? Can we really do that ourselves?” he wanted to know.

“Jon, baby, slow down! I need to breathe and so do you” I advised him, but I was laughing.

“I’m just so astounded. Trish, I could actually feel myself back there. I could taste the ale and I could hear the music and I could feel the warmth of your body against me as I held you! We really did share other lifetimes together. It wasn’t just a dream or my imagination! I want to remember everything, all of it! Why didn’t he want to take us back there?” he asked, unable to slow himself down.

“I know baby, I know. I saw glimpses too of a memory I want to pursue, but Victor was right. We can do this ourselves. He is a teacher, not a conduit, and he wants us to grow within ourselves and not depend upon him” I tried to explain.

“Are you sure? I’ve never experienced anything like that in my life” he replied as he began to relax a little.

“Yes, baby, I’m sure. It’s easy to develop a trance and I can teach you. I just never tried a regression alone before, but I’m not afraid with you here anymore” I reassured him.

“Okay, as long as you can help me learn to do that myself” he said, finally satisfied that Victor had opened the door and all we needed to do was walk through it.

“Jon, let’s get something to drink; I’m parched” I pleaded and he agreed.

We walked over to Tlaquepaque, a well-known artisan enclave of Spanish-style buildings housing an assortment of high end galleries, boutiques and fine restaurants. We stopped at a pleasant café and sat sipping our wine as we talked more about the past lives we had both experienced this morning. I was also anxious to do just a little shopping before we headed off to explore the red rocks and the vortexes this afternoon.

We browsed through several galleries and found a particular painting that Jon especially liked and decided to purchase it for the house in Colorado as we wanted something that would remind us of Sedona and our time here. I also found a gift store where we picked up a few Anaszasi stones which were purported to embody some of the energy found uniquely in Sedona.

The day had grown unseasonably warm and was in the mid sixties by two o’clock and it seemed like the perfect time to go and explore the vortexes. I didn’t believe that we would have time to see all four of the vortexes on this trip and I was glad we had gone to Cathedral Rock already as it strengthens the feminine energy, which both Jon and I needed. This energy was what allows us to express and accept our kindness, compassion and patience and to allow others to depend on us.

We both agreed that we had plenty of masculine energy between us already and that its overabundance was likely the source of our success in business, but the root of our difficulty with tolerating some of the softer emotions, although I thought we had both made great strides in this area since our first meeting. We settled for Boynton Canyon which was known for its ability to create harmony and balance and to sustain intimacy and commitment. If time allowed, we would try to get to Bell Rock which actually fostered all three energies.

We drove as far as we could towards Boynton Canyon and parked in the lot nearest the entrance to the trails. We had secured a map and directions and began to follow the trails leading to the knoll. As we came closer, we began to see more and more twisted juniper trees; a sure sign that we were approaching the peak of the energy vortex. Jon felt it before I did and the hairs on his arm began to rise. I noticed that I was beginning to feel a bit buzzed shortly after that and we stopped where we felt the greatest sense of connection to the earth.

We were both sweating and having some difficulty breathing as the climate was extremely arid and the altitude was steeper here. Jon wiped his brow with his sleeve and I used the hem of my skirt to dab the beads of perspiration at my neck. It was quite a climb, but we’d made it and we dropped to the ground in a heap. I grabbed the bottled water from my purse and took a sip before passing it to Jon who drank deeply before handing it back to me.

“Gods, I’m glad you thought to bring that” Jon said before taking another drink.

“Me too, I just wish it was a little colder” I agreed.

Jon leaned back against the flatter surface of a nearby boulder and I laid my head in his lap as we soaked up the energy and basked in the warmth of the sun. I laid my palms flat on the ground and I thought I could almost feel a slight vibration coming from deep within the ground. Time passed as we lay together quietly, each lost in our own thoughts as we asked the universe to bring us balance. Jon’s hands strayed to my hair and he combed his fingers through it and I sighed.

The sun began to fade and I reached up and drew his lips down towards me for a kiss. They were a little dry and I licked them with my tongue before I parted them to explore his mouth a little deeper. Jon stroked my cheek with his finger and smiled down at me before cupping my breast in his big paw. I grinned back and we kissed again as he pulled me against his chest.

We were alone, but we had a long walk back to the car and needed to save our strength for that and I laughed as I heard the familiar growl from Jon’s stomach, signaling me that it was time for dinner. He pulled me up to my feet and I poured a small libation of water onto the dusty red earth at our feet and we watched as it turned the clay the color of blood. We thanked the God and Goddess for hearing our prayers and as I made ready to leave Jon stopped me.

“Don’t you wanna take some pictures before we head back to the cottage?” he prompted me.

“Oh yes, I almost forgot! Goddess, I’m glad you remembered!” I said excitedly as I reached for my purse and pulled out the camera.

Jon posed for me near one of the juniper trees which made a superb shot as it showed the effects of the vortex as well as a very sexy Jon leaning up against the tree. I also took a few photos of the surrounding landscape and the gorgeous red rocks as they butted up against a brilliantly blue, cloudless sky.

“Okay, your turn” Jon insisted as he took the camera away from me.

“Where do you want me?” I asked as I looked around for a good spot to pose.

“Right underneath me, but that’ll have to wait until we get back to the cottage” he smirked.

I grinned and hopped up on the rock we’d been leaning against earlier and shot him an inviting smile. As he aimed the camera in my direction, I hiked up my skirt and flashed at him just as he snapped the photo and he rewarded me with an enormous shit-eating grin.

“You’d better be planning to print that one at home, lady” he warned me as he reached out to lift me down off the rock.

“Only if you promise to keep it hidden in your wallet” I teased back.

Jon wrapped his arms around me and kissed me long and hard as we stood there on the vortex with the evening sun setting behind us. I half wished that we were not alone as I would have loved to capture that on film, but I closed my eyes and committed the image to memory. There were moments you just knew you needed to always remember.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon reminds me of a child with a thirst for learning. It's always a good idea to be open to different philosophies and experiences.
WOW...never knew that Colorado was so mystical. Sedona sounds like an AMAZING place to visit. Again, thanks for the visual.

Sunstreaked said...

I can see Jon just buzzing with energy after being exposed to something new. He always seems to me to be a person who just embraces everything head on, no holds barred, and the way you portray him in this story reinforces what I already think about him.

Had no idea there were places like this out in the West and I find myself hoping that you will continue mixing fact with fiction in this story so I can learn more.

Really looking forward to Trish and Jon experiencing more of these “open doors” that Victor has shown them! I see so many possibilities here and can’t wait to see where you take us on this journey!

Opester said...

Here's a link for anyone interested in more info about the vortexes:
http://www.lovesedona.com/vortmap3.pdf