Friday, April 11, 2008

The Sauna Part 146

Our conversation about his family had actually done much to relieve some of my anxiety. I knew the subject would invariably come up and I wouldn’t have been able to avoid it forever. Things went much easier when Jon and I were on the same page. Jon had closed his eyes to rest and I picked up my book, wondering if I would ever have a chance to read if it weren’t for airplane rides.

I was looking forward to seeing my babies soon and wondering how long it would take before they forgave me for leaving them alone so long. I also began to think about how much fun it was going to be to uproot them and move them to Jersey. I grinned at the thought of how the five of them would take over Jon’s house-“our house”-and make it their own.

“You’ve been staring at the same page for ten minutes and smiling. What are you daydreaming about?” Jon asked, grinning himself as he reminisced about how we’d met.

“I thought you were sleeping” I said, a bit startled, but I recovered quickly. “I was just thinking about the cats and how they’ll enjoy exploring our house in Jersey”

“Shit, I liked what you were dreaming about a whole lot better when we first met” he groaned.

“And that came true, didn’t it?” I giggled.

He raised his eyebrow at that, but it was the truth. I’d always believed that if I could imagine it, I could make it happen. Jon was living proof that this was what magik really was. Now if I could just imagine the cats in Jersey...

“Were you really dreaming about me back then?” he asked, serious now.

“Yeah, love, I really was. Why do you think I was so startled when I opened my eyes and there you were!” I admitted.

Jon looked at me intently and I could swear I saw the light bulb go off. I wondered what it was that I’d said that led to such a look. I was only trying to get him to start picturing the cats in his house so that the reality would be less of an actual shock.

“What is it? What are you thinking? It won’t be that bad, babe, really. They’re good cats…” I began when he interrupted.

“No, no, it’s not the cats. I just finally got it about what magik really is all about. I never stopped dreaming about being successful as a rock star, not even in the dourest moments. I could see myself on stage and see the audience. I always visualized it, always, and I focused all my energy on creating that image of myself. That’s what magik is, isn’t it?” he beamed excitedly.

I was taken aback as I looked at him in awe. It had taken me years of reading and practicing visualization and I don’t think I had ever really quite understood it either until he said that. You become what you dream, that’s how the energy is manifested. The vision changes you, not your environment.

“Oh my God and Goddess! Jon, that’s it! I never fully got it either until you said it just now! We don’t change things; we change our selves when we dream” I reflected, every bit as excited as Jon.

I stood up and pulled him to his feet, unable to contain myself. I hugged him for all he was worth and kissed him over and over. I couldn’t believe the incredible wisdom he had just shared with me. I felt a surge of energy and power such as I had never known and I owed it all to his insight.

“Jon, you have no idea how much this means to me to finally understand this after all these years of just believing! How can I ever thank you?” I exclaimed, too high to calm down.

“Well, this seems like a good start” he purred, kissing me back with his own enthusiasm.

Something let go inside me and I was overwhelmed with the need to celebrate this discovery and thank the God and Goddess for yet another gift. My body was on fire and Jon was the only thing that could quench it. I literally ripped the shirt he was wearing off of him and grabbed the waistband of his jeans as I fumbled with the button.

My spark fanned his flame and our clothes were soon in a heap on the floor of the cabin. He lifted me into the air as he slid his wand inside me and carried me to the couch. We tumbled onto the cushions, locked in each other’s arms and we made love desperately, creating a palpable energy around us.

I cried out for him and he answered my call, plunging into me each time more deeply than before. I was the chalice and he was the sword and our union made magik as the Goddess and God united within us. Jon’s seed spilled into me like a rain of holy water fertilizing my ground and we both wept in joyous release. There was nothing and there was everything.

The plane pitched and dipped as we flew through the storm, unaware there had ever been any danger. The warning lights to fasten our seatbelts had come on but we never noticed and now there was a frantic buzzing sound that I had never heard before. As my head cleared and I came back to earth, I asked Jon where the noise was coming from.

“It’s the intercom, Vicky must be trying to get us” he said, his eyes trying to focus as he struggled against the fog that was clouding his brain after such powerful magik.

He sat up and reached for the button which we had hit accidentally when we fell onto the couch. Vicky rushed through the doorway now that she could gain entrance and looked at once relieved and dismayed. Jon forgot his own nakedness as he pulled me against him to cover me.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” he demanded, looking alarmed.

“The storm, Jon. I was trying to tell you to buckle up as we were heading into a terrible storm, but the damn do not disturb button was on and I couldn’t get through on the damn intercom! I was worried you’d gotten hurt when I heard a crash and you didn’t answer” Vicky sputtered, somewhere between annoyance and amusement.

“As I’m sure you can see, we appear to be undamaged” Jon replied with his megawatt grin as she turned on her heels and walked out.

“Oh shit” he said, turning to look at me. “That’s the first time that ever happened!”

“Where are our clothes? We’ve got to apologize!” I exclaimed, feeling completely mortified.

“Shit, they’re over there” Jon said as he glanced back by our seats.

We scrambled to get dressed, like two guilty teenagers, when the humor suddenly struck us. It was a bizarre situation and yet it was incredibly funny at the same time. Vicky had shamed us both but we didn’t regret it for a moment and now had to find some way to make amends. We both dissolved in a fit of laughter as Jon rummaged through the carry-on bag for a new shirt since I had shredded the old one.

“You know she’s gonna blame this on me, don’t you?” he asked with a gleam in his eye.

“Well, it is your fault, you know. But I’ll go and explain that you just couldn’t control yourself and that I promise to try and keep you in check from now on” I teased as I headed for the cabin door.

“Don’t you dare! I’ll speak with her, it’s me she pissed at and I’m totally innocent this time since you started it” he challenged, tackling me before I could get to the door.

We collapsed again on the couch, giggling like crazy. I tickled Jon and he fought to get the upper hand. I finally conceded and let him win when he started to kiss my neck. It would have been exceedingly hard to convince Vicky of our remorse if she busted us again for the same crime. We decided to go together and apologize.

“C’mon, you’re an actor. Try to look like you’re ashamed” I goaded him.

“It’s hard to say I’m sorry when I have every intention of repeating the offense” he admitted.

Despite that, we did a passable job of appearing recalcitrant and Vicky forgave us but threatened to withhold supper as a penance. She did tell us how serious the storm had actually been and that we were through the worst of it and that she was sorry she’d lost her temper. We also learned that the Buffalo airport was closed and we passed on dinner since we’d be landing soon in Cincinnati.

We returned to our seats and behaved like model passengers when Vicky brought us drinks and Jon made a few calls on the cell to find us a hotel. He managed to book us a room at the Cincinnati Hilton and I looked at him out of the corner of my eye when he asked if they had a suite with a hot tub.

“Excellent, we’ll take that. And you have a sauna too?” he cackled, raising his eyebrows and making a face at me.

Jon booked rooms for Vicky and the crew too since he felt responsible for getting everyone stranded and planned to have champagne delivered to Vicky’s room as a gesture of contrition. We arrived at the Cincinnati airport just before they closed due to the weather as well. I silently thanked the God and Goddess for getting us to a safe haven and we took a cab to the hotel.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this chapter. Quite humorous. If you didn't know any better you'd swear that Jon and Trish were a couple of teenagers, the way they carried on in the plane.

Sunstreaked said...

I LOVE how Trish and Jon just go for it when they can as that's the way it is between newish lovers and especially since they now consider themselves married. Also like how Jon was so worried about getting scolded from his own "help". Shows a really cute side of him. (Although not sure he HAS a bad side, body wise anyway!) LOL!

Opester said...

Thanks, guys! I wonder if anyone else is reading besides you two?!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry I'm reading it too! I'm just behind. Anna

Anonymous said...

I have to say it, I'm here too!! Almost one year after but enjoying the story as well.

Anonymous said...

back here again re-reading this story, don't ever doubt that noone is reading it. I for one want mre,please. Y

Opester said...

Thanks folks! It means a lot to here from folks who are reading. I get the comments no matter whether you leave them a day after I post a chapter or a year or 2 years. It means a lot!

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this great story for the second time and still love it.

Anonymous said...

Well I never knew you would still get the comments so I didnt leave any.....But yep Im reading it....& am really enjoying it..good work!!!
Julie....jbj64