Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Sauna Part 163

The next few days flew by as we became accustomed to a routine of waking up and making love, cooking breakfast, exploring the area, going to dinner or making our own dinner, relaxing, watching movies and making love again before falling asleep. It was a wonderful way to unwind and shut out the world and concentrate on each other.

I recorded our activities in my journal and made sure to take plenty of pictures. I planned to put together a scrapbook for Jon that was all about us. It was impossible to work on it in secret with him close by, so I contented myself with the thought that it would be something to do while he was away and I could surprise him with it later when he came home to visit. One afternoon in particular as we were lazing around in the hot tub, Jon came up with an idea.

“I was thinking we should take a road trip tomorrow and go to Sedona for a few days. What do you think?” he asked.

I knew he was getting restless and as much as I enjoyed the downtime, too much of a good thing tended to make the days blur together. We had no schedule and we were in no hurry to do anything, but we were beginning to crave a little adventure. Sedona was a magikal place and the energy vortexes there were famous for kindling spiritual growth. Jon had never been to Sedona himself, whereas I had, and this was an opportunity for me to introduce him to something new.

“I think that’s a terrific idea! I would love to go back there and we could take our time and explore the vortexes. We could even take a detour on the way back and stop at Monument Valley in Utah. You’ve got to see that place too!” I said, getting excited.

Jon smiled and drew me to him, kissing me tenderly. The warmth of the hot tub made him mellow and the wine we’d been sipping enhanced the effect. His voice was rich and deep as he spoke.

“Anything you decide is fine with me, as long as I’m with you” he said agreeably.

“You’re so easy!” I teased and he didn’t dispute it.

“Isn’t that one of the things you love about me?” he quipped, cocking his head to one side.

Jon looked as though he was more ready for a nap than he was for a road trip, but my head was spinning now as I began to plan the next leg of our journey in my mind. I wanted to get online and begin mapping out the route as soon as possible and there was still plenty of time before dinner. We’d purchased a laptop on one of our trips to a nearby town and I was anxious to get it hooked up.

“Why don’t you take a nap and I’ll get the computer set up and do some research on the best route. And I’ll make sure that I get definite addresses!” I snickered, reminding him of our earlier encounter with the state police.

“I’ll never hear the end of that, will I?” he pouted and I nodded.

We stood up and dried off and Jon took my suggestion and went to bed while I got busy with the computer. I slipped on the shirt he’d been wearing that morning, enjoying the scent of him that remained on his clothes. We hadn’t thought to buy a printer, but as long as I had addresses we’d be okay. The trip to Sedona would be about seven hours driving and it would be just under five hours from there to Monument Valley. It would be a little out of our way on the return trip, but well worth the extra driving.

After a couple hours online I had a fair idea of the route and a couple of choices as to where we could stay. I went into the bedroom where Jon was sleeping soundly and I could hear him softly snoring. I decided to let him sleep while I fixed us some dinner and figured we could make the reservations later tonight or tomorrow. I made a large antipasto salad for us and took out the leftover lasagna and heated that up while I went in to wake him.

I sat down beside him on the bed and watched as he slept, his chest rising and falling with each breath. I reached out to stroke his hair and brushed the loose strands away from his cheek as I trailed my finger across the five o’clock shadow that was beginning to form. He opened his eyes and looked at me sleepily.

“What time is it? How long have I been asleep?” he wondered.

“You’ve been sawing wood for a couple hours, love, and dinner is almost ready” I smiled.

“I guess I really was tired” he yawned. “I’m sorry, babe” he added as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“No apologies needed, it just means you’ll have plenty of energy for later” I said seductively and he groaned.

“A husband’s job is never done” he said with a bit of drama, but he wasn’t complaining as he pulled me down into bed.

He noticed I was wearing his shirt still and commented that it did more for me than he thought it had done for him. I laughed and explained that it was comfortable and carried his scent, so I liked wearing it.

“So how’s our road trip shaping up?” he yawned.

I went over the tentative itinerary and some options for where we could stay in Sedona and Monument Valley. I figured we’d see things along the way where we could stop to break up the long drives, but there was nothing special I had planned besides the one detour. We both agreed that we wanted to stay somewhere with a fireplace as it was cold, even in Sedona.

Over dinner I told Jon about my trip there years ago and the first time I had experienced past life memories through a guided regression. I wondered if Victor was still there and suggested we could look him up as he seemed especially interested in pursuing that. I also explained that we would have to make some time to browse the shops as there were a couple of New Age places that had quite an assortment of things and Victor worked out of one of them.

After dinner, Jon cleaned up and made a pot of coffee while I pulled up the sites on the web with various guest accommodations. Sedona offered a number of options, but Monument Valley had only one Bed & Breakfast with a fireplace in the room and we called and were able to reserve it for four days from now, leaving us two nights in Sedona. There were a number of other National Parks to visit just a bit further in that direction and we talked about getting out that way again towards Spring or Fall when the weather would be nicer.

“We should get to bed early so that we can leave at a reasonable hour tomorrow” I suggested, thinking it would be a long drive.

“I slept too long this afternoon, babe. I’m wide awake now, but why don’t you go and get some sleep? I’ll only keep you up if I come to bed now” Jon lamented.

“I said we should get to bed, I didn’t say I was ready to sleep” I purred as I leaned down to kiss the back of his neck.

Jon turned away from the computer and pulled me into his lap. I draped my arms around his neck as he kissed me and I was glad he’d had a nap earlier. I was excited about going to Sedona tomorrow, but I was more excited about being with Jon tonight. He stood up and carried me to the bedroom, depositing me gently on the bed.

“C’mere” I said slyly.

Jon removed his shirt while I admired his sculpted frame and I longed to be in his arms tonight. His jeans followed shortly and then he turned his attention to me. He sat down beside me on the bed, his fingers catching in my hair as he drew my face towards him for another kiss. He began to unbutton his shirt I was wearing with his free hand and I felt my nipples stiffen into hardened points as his hand slipped inside to caress my breasts.

I ran my hands down the length of his arms, savoring the feel of the downy fur that lightly covered his forearms. His body intoxicated me; and I loved to feel the tension in his muscles with every lithe movement he made. I leaned back against the pillows, drawing him with me as he eased himself between my legs. He looked down and smiled at me as he slid inside my slippery folds.

Our love-making was gentle and tender, slow and luxurious as we lost ourselves in the timeless dance of intimacy. We knew each other’s bodies well and where to touch lightly and when to grind harder, extracting sighs and groans like notes in an eternal melody. Jon was an instinctual lover, and he played my body as though it was an instrument and he was releasing its song.

I stroked his hair as he nestled his head against my breast and sighed now that our song had ended and we were both ready to sleep. We drifted off together to the sound of our contented breathing, lulling us to sleep with its lullaby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROAD TRIP!!! I've never been to Sedona. Looking forward to reading your visual - it's like being there!

Sunstreaked said...

"Jon was an instinctual lover, and he played my body as though it was an instrument and he was releasing its song."

This was only one example of the the beautiful language you seemed to have captured throughout your story, but especially in this chapter. Also, as soon as I read "past life regressions" my mind spun off in so may directions I found my eyes torn off the page for a few seconds! Had to go back to the top and start again! It was tough, I admit it, to read such beautiful writing twice, but I struggled through! You are, of course, back IN my will Opester!!!

Opester said...

Thanks Sunstreaked! I'm glad to be back in your good graces again! So glad you and angael are enjoying this trip! I wonder if anyone else has been to Sedona? It really is spiritual!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

ANN said...

Just wanted to leave a note to tell you your story is still being read & I'm loving it
Very well written & I love the characters.