Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Sauna Part 149

Now that we’d negotiated that hurdle it was time to strategize on the next move. Jersey would be our primary residence, therefore we needed to close up the house here for a few months and transport the cats and get them settled in their new home. We’d also need to arrange for someone to care for them while we were on the road and Jon wasn’t sure who he could ask in Jersey.

“What about Katie, your housekeeper? How often does she come in? Would she be willing to consider actually moving in and house-sitting for a few weeks at a time? While the cats can survive with just a daily check for food and water, I can’t leave them there all alone for all the time we are gone” I said, implying that the solution we’d managed for this trip was okay once in a while, but not on a regular basis.

“I don’t know, babe. Katie comes in every other day when I’m in town, but I don’t know if she’d want to actually live there some of the time” he said thoughtfully.

“Jon, I know this sounds crazy, but …” I began and he looked at me with a grin.

“Take them with us?” he smirked.

“Could we? The Hard Rock made allowances for Linda’s dog. Maybe we could try it?” I pleaded.

“If it was just one, even two maybe. But five? I’m not sure that would even be the best for them, darlin’. They’d be okay with the plane since it’s our plane, but I don’t know” he said, realizing this was a real issue.

“I know, I’m not sure it makes sense either, but I can’t leave them all alone that much” I said.

I was starting to feel really distressed now. I wanted to be with Jon, but I wasn’t going to let the cats suffer neglect because of it and I couldn’t imagine being without them all the time either. It wasn’t like there were grandparents nearby who they could stay with while we were away. I started to empathize with how Dot must have felt with the kids and the dog and yet being apart so much didn’t seem like a reasonable alternative either. It wasn’t as though I could just call up and talk to them on the phone.

“Trish, just think about this for a minute. Do you really think they would be happy being dragged all over the country with us? What about Beowulf? She’s so old already” he argued, stroking the sleeping cat on his lap.

I knew he was right. Eddie and Zeke could adapt to a mobile lifestyle, but the other three were just too elderly. It would be far too stressful for them to be uprooted every few days. They didn’t even like it much when I stayed out late at night. I had to make this decision based on what was best for them and not just what I wanted.

“What if I could find homes for the older three and we just took Eddie and Zeke when we travel? They’re younger and healthy, they could adapt better. Jon, I can’t lose Eddie and Zeke and they would never attach to someone else like they have with me. Especially Eddie, he’s a mama’s boy” I said, the tears beginning to form.

“I know, baby, I know. We could try it. Maybe we could see if Cherie and Dave would take the three seniors and then you could still visit them. We could see how the other two take to traveling, I suppose” he conceded.

Jon hated to see me cry and he knew this would be the hardest thing he could ask me to do. He had no doubt that I loved them dearly and that I would miss them horribly, and asking me to give up all five wasn’t even reasonable. But dragging five aged cats around Europe wasn’t a reasonable plan either. Two younger ones would be challenging enough, especially since one was the psycho cat.

“Well, I ‘spose psycho boy there would enjoy seeing Richie more often” he teased, pulling me closer to him to comfort me.

“Really? We could try taking Zeke and Eddie? Do you mean it?” I cried.

“We can try it” he said indulging me.

Jon had his doubts, but he couldn’t say no to me on this. If it didn’t go well he knew it was better for me to see it myself and make the decision, knowing we’d tried. And who knew what was possible. It could work and we should at least give it a chance. The dates for this tour were already firmly carved out, but in future he could arrange a gentler schedule to accommodate this new wrinkle in his life. Touring less wouldn’t be such a hardship now that he had a reason to want to be home. Maybe Dot and the kids would take Opie since everyone liked him.

I knew that Cherie would be glad to take Beowulf, but Opie and Floyd would be harder to place. Beowulf needed more attention and had had to share the spotlight with the boys and never really adjusted to that. She would be happy with Cherie with only one other cat to compete with, but Floyd hated everyone but me. Opie was a mellow cat and would adapt, but Cherie had always had only girls and wouldn’t want to change the status quo that much. Maybe my friend Joe. He had a great way with animals and two more added to his menagerie wouldn’t faze him. This could work as long as I still had visitation rights.

We began to talk over adoption plans and ideas for how to broach the subject. We could pay for any expenses and even subsidize their care as an incentive. Jon said he’d be willing to offer a generous bribe to close the deal if it seemed like there was any hesitation and we agreed we’d start to explore the possibilities tomorrow. Jon threw another log on the fire and settled back down on the couch as I nestled in closer to him.

“We’ll figure it out, baby. We’ll work it out” Jon comforted me.

Eddie was already snuggling in on my lap and I stroked his head, running my hands across his soft fur as he began to purr softly. I loved my cats and I loved Jon; this would be a hard decision and the solution wouldn’t be easy for any of us. Jon kissed my hair and took my hand in his, a silent gesture of solidarity in which he assured me that we were in this together.

The evening passed quietly and soon it was late. The wine and the warmth from the fireplace made us sleepy and Jon yawned. The cats were all sleeping peacefully, unaware of the coming upheaval they would have to endure. We hadn’t slept in our own bed in nearly two weeks and I began to crave the comfort of the familiar.

“Let’s go to bed, love. It’s been so long since we spent the night in our own bed” I prompted and he nodded.

I gently nudged Eddie, still asleep on my lap and Jon got up to close down the fireplace. We climbed in to our bed together, glad to be home, at least for now, and I laid my head on Jon’s chest. He rubbed my back contentedly as my hand strayed towards Lil’ Jon who greeted me eagerly. I raised my head and smiled and big Jon rewarded me with a lazy grin.

“Wanna re-christen the bed?” I asked provocatively.

“C’mere” he replied with a mischievous glint in his eye.

Jon reached for me then, folding me against him as he devoured my mouth with his kisses. I could feel his stiffening cock poking against my thigh and I raised my leg to encircle his hip. His hand cupped my breast as his lips slid down my throat, making their way towards it. His tongue flicked in and out like a snake against the stiffened knob, arousing me even more.

I was anxious to feel him inside me, but Jon had other ideas and no amount of urging would sway him from his course. I cradled his head in my hands as he suckled me hungrily, his hand creeping downward to stroke my thigh. My legs parted willingly as his head slipped from my hands, his silky hair tickling my belly as he dragged it across my stomach, planting a trail of kisses.

I felt myself growing wetter as I gazed at the sight of his shaggy mane lodged between my thighs; the anticipation was intoxicating as he took his time, teasing me without mercy. He licked lightly at first, parting my lower lips gently as I shuddered with desire. His tongue probed deeper, sending me into a spasm of delight as he grazed the sensitive pearl he found waiting impatiently.

His long fingers probed further and I groaned my appreciation, but I was shamelessly begging him to take me all the way. His thumb massaged me less gently and I began to tremble with the first waves of my release before he took pity on me and replaced his fingers with his rock hard cock.

I was coming and coming and I couldn’t stop as he drove into me like a battering ram. I bit into his shoulder to anchor myself against the throbbing tide as the next climax built deep inside me. His rhythm remained steady as he moved towards his own peak, his breath growing more ragged with every stroke.

I felt the tension in his arms, the taut muscles straining like hardened steel beneath the soft skin, as he held himself above me. I raised my head to lick the perspiration on his throat and I sensed he was close, waiting only for me to join him.

“Come with me baby, one more time” he urged.

I was nearly exhausted, but my body responded to his words as if they were a command and I felt my muscles contract again, drawing him in deeper. I felt his warmth flood me inside as I shook from the force of my own explosion and we collapsed in a tangled heap, shuddering as we absorbed the aftershocks.

As if on cue, the cats began to arrive on the bed while we lay there, unable to move. Jon began to chuckle quietly as they came, one by one, and nuzzled us and Zeke began to cry. Jon rolled off of me and lifted the blankets for him. He burrowed under, tucking himself in between us and I was pleased that Jon had become accustomed to the routine.

“I guess it’s time to go to sleep” he observed wryly.

I leaned over Zeke’s purring body and kissed Jon goodnight while the other cats settled into their respective positions. It was good to be home.

2 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

(!!!!!) Me doing my happy dance at another chapter! First I'm laughing about the cats and thinking of the look on Jon's face at having them travel with Bon Jovi, then I need a cigarette after the bed re-christening! Talk about swinging my emotions around! P.S. Do these cats MEOW on planes? Hee hee...

Anonymous said...

NNOOOO...you can't break up the family. There has to be a way of keeping all of the cats together. Think Opester.