Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Sauna Part 12

Jon whispered “I love you” as he rolled off, pulling me with him in his arms, rolling until I was astride him. Looking into his eyes, so deep and blue, I thought I would love to drown in those eyes forever. But the clock was ticking and there was another show tonight and this time it seemed as though only I was aware of that fact. Hesitating a moment longer, I traced with my finger the lips which had just spoken the words I longed to hear.

“I love you more than I thought possible, Jon, but your fans and the band may not love you as I do if we are late again” I whispered.

“Oh, shit. Dammit, the show! I can’t believe I nearly forgot about the show again. Woman, what you do to me!”

He glanced at his watch and groaned. It was almost six o’clock, leaving about an hour to get ready. At that moment his cell phone rang in the other room.

“It’s gotta be Richie. I haven’t seen or spoken to them all day and they probably don’t trust me to be ready now” he chided himself.

“And with good reason apparently” I chuckled.

Jon made a face. The infamous duck lips! It was the first time I saw that face up close and I nearly lost it. I started laughing so hard I couldn’t stop. That look! It was too ridiculous!

“What? What! What is so funny?” he demanded.

His sincere confusion made me laugh all the harder. Could it be that he really didn’t know how famous that expression was?

“That…look…, that…face...” I began but I couldn’t get the words out.

He made the face again. Now I had tears in my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

“This?” he pouted and all I could do now was nod my head.

“If you only knew…” I tried.

“Knew what? What’s so funny? I always make this face…”

He actually thought it was the first time I’d ever seen it. That made the laughter that much harder to control.

“Oh, baby…” I tried again, but he was looking at me in astonishment now.

He put his hands on my shoulders, gripping me, as I tried to stop what had become peals of laughter. He tried then to look serious and stern and that only made it worse. I knew I sounded like a complete loon, but it couldn’t be helped. He was so damn adorable.

“Oh, Jon …” I tried once more.

I had to look away. I couldn’t take it any more. The tears were running down my cheeks.

“Well, I hope you’re enjoying yourself” he said petulantly.

Finally I caught my breath and looked away; I was unable to meet his eyes and talk.

“That look…That look is so famous, it has been the subject of such discussion among your fans. It drives us all wild. You seriously didn’t know?” I asked, amazed at his innocence.

I glanced at him sidelong then. His brows were knitted together in such a look of concentration. I turned to him then.

“You really had no idea, did you?” I asked and he looked at me then, thoughtfully.

“I knew I made that face a lot, but I thought it was mostly with my kids. Do I really do it that much? It must be unconscious. Oh Shit! It’s not my sex face, is it?!” he asked suddenly, his expression then was one of pure alarm.

The barely contained laughter ripped loose again. I didn’t want to torture him, but it was beyond my control.

“Tell me! Tell me I don’t make goofy sex faces!” he demanded, laughing with me now.

“Hell no!” I finally managed to get out between fits of hysterics.

“Jesus. Thank God. Because hysterical laughter really isn’t what I’m aiming for at that particular moment …” he said sheepishly, unable to stop laughing then himself. It was just too funny.

Finally, as the laughter ebbed away, we regained our composure and he lifted me off of him where I was still perched.

“Ohhh, my stomach hurts. I haven’t laughed like that in years…” I said finally.

“Well, I’m so glad I entertain you” he said sarcastically. “C’mon, shower time, darlin’” and we were up.

Jon’s gig clothes were upstairs, so he threw on his t-shirt and jeans and told me he’d be back to collect me in 20 minutes and dashed out the door. I got ready quickly, still giggling occasionally as I thought about those duck lips.

He was back at 7 o’clock on the dot, pounding at the door. I was ready, dressed in a black leather halter and a long, handkerchief hem skirt and black leather boots. I opened the door and his chin dropped.

“I actually have gig clothes too, love. Just never had the chance to get to them” I smiled.

He was dressed the same as last night, traditional black leather. We actually matched, sort of. I giggled at his reaction, but I was pleased with the appreciative stare.

“I like it. I like it a lot” he replied, licking his lips.

“Ready?” I asked as he stood there grinning at me.

“Hell, yeah!” he grinned and with that we were off to the elevator.

Once inside, I decided to surprise him.

“Wanna see the rest of the outfit?” I asked coyly.

“What do you mean…” he started.

I lifted my skirt, revealing fishnets and a garter belt. No panties. I heard the sharp intake of air and he growled.

“C‘mere”, he said, grabbing for me.

I side-stepped his reach and spun around, showing off.

“Patience, patience. Good things come to those who wait” I said, enjoying my power for a change.

The bulge in his pants showed me the outfit was worth the price. I stood there smirking myself this time and he groaned as the elevator dinged open and I dropped the hem of my skirt.

As he turned around, we were met by a group of press, shouting questions. Poor Jon, I thought, he gets no peace. But then we’d been lucky so far. We were in the lobby, tho, and it was expected. The guys were there, talking and posing for the cameras, and Richie let out a long wolf whistle when he saw us approaching.

I winked and Jon beamed, steering me with his hand on my back, as we made our way through the throng. Jon took a minute to answer some quick questions, promising he’d be available after the show, and looking at me apologetically.

I backed off and Tico took my arm, ushering me towards the door and the waiting limo. I should have expected all this, but it caught me by surprise and I was grateful to be steered clear of the melee. Once in the limo, Richie poured me a glass of champagne. As we waited for Jon to join us, he explained.

“There’s been talk. Jon is usually a pretty public figure, but he’s been hiding with you all day. No one knew where he was and he missed an interview and the sound check this afternoon. He didn’t answer his phone either. When he called me thirty minutes ago, I told him he had to make an appearance tonight and that he’s gotta talk to the press after the show. I’m sorry. But it’s not like Jon to behave this way.”

I started to cry, then, realizing what it had cost him to spend the day with me at the conference. I felt selfish for never even considering that he might have had plans himself. I didn’t want to be the cause of any negativity from the media and now I had cost him an interview.

“I…I…I didn’t realize…” I stammered.

“No, no, babe, it’s cool. Don’t cry, it’s okay” Richie said soothingly as Jon stepped in alongside me.

“What’s this?” he said immediately as he touched my cheek and wiped at the tear rolling down it.

“I was just explaining about what happened. I thought she should know…” Richie began.

Jon shot him a dark glance that made me wonder if there was more to the story. Richie stared at his hands, avoiding the scowl.

“Jon, I’m sorry” he said simply.

Jon looked at me then with only tenderness in his eyes.

“I was going to warn you about the press, but, ah, you had your own surprise for me…and I’m still looking forward to the rest of it later” he said, kissing me deeply.

“I’m okay, really. I was just a little overwhelmed. Is there more I ought to know?” I asked, as Jon took a deep breath. No one said a word.

“Tell me” I said looking him square in the eye.

“I hope you aren’t too camera shy because I just told the press about you. There. I said it. Sooner or later, they had to know and I knew I couldn’t hide you anymore. I am so sorry.”

Stilled silence surrounded me. I sat there stunned as his words sunk in. He told the press about me. About me? Me?

“What did you tell them?” I asked, needing to know.

No one would look at me, so I knew it must be bad. Jon took my face in his hands, and looked directly into my eyes.

“I told them the truth. I told them I was in love again”

I think my heart stopped. I couldn’t breathe. I blinked several times, staring at him in disbelief and he smiled at me.

“I told you I meant it. I told Richie this afternoon” he added.

My head was spinning. I looked at Richie who was smiling now too. I looked at the rest of the guys and they were all grinning like idiots. They really were a family. A wave of relief swept over me and I wrapped my arms around Jon’s neck.

“I so want to kiss you right now” I whispered in his ear and he squeezed me tightly.

“And I so want you to” he whispered right back.

And then he made duck lips at me. I laughed and then I kissed him. Again and again and again amid cheers and whistles and hoots and shouts from the guys. And then, finally, Jon blushed.

2 comments:

The Goddess Hathor said...

heeheehee those duck lips! lol
And the obligatory awwww, he told everyone he loves her. Very sweet.

Daydreamer- said...

OK, so I am seriously behind in my reading but I'm finally getting a chance to read yours. I am still laughing out loud about the idea of his duck lips sex face! LOL