Friday, March 21, 2008

The Sauna Part 119

Soon we were all ready and on our way to Ellicottville and I was glad the day had turned out to be sunny. A cloudy, cold day would have only been one more barrier to the fun I hoped we’d all have. We arrived at the ranch by eleven and that gave us just about two hours before we had to head back and start off for the airport. The ranch wasn’t huge and that was just the right amount of time.

We strolled around and petted the animals; there were many others besides the main attractions. The ostriches were shy and we couldn’t get close enough to pet them, but we laughed as they ran awkwardly whenever Romeo toddled within reach. I took pictures of everyone and even Jake appeared to have a good time, especially when one of the ranch hands offered to let him sit on one of the younger buffaloes for a picture. I was tickled to get a photo of him smiling.

We piled in the car and headed home about one o’clock and there really wasn’t much to pack since it had been a short trip. I gave Stephanie an extra carry-on to pack the stuffed buffaloes and t-shirts they’d purchased as souvenirs and Jakey wore the cowboy hat he’d picked out. All in all, the visit had gone well.

We drove the kids to the airport, stopping for burgers and fries for lunch on the way. Fortunately the private plane made the whole affair much simpler and there were no lines or tickets to contend with. I hugged the kids goodbye, all except Jakey who didn’t seem ready yet for that, and promised to email the pictures I’d taken. Jon hugged and kissed everyone, even Jesse who didn’t protest he was too old for that this time. I was relieved that the visit was over, but I felt sad for Jon too. He dearly loved his children and I knew he was going to miss them. We waived goodbye as the plane took off for New Jersey.

Jon turned to me and hugged me and it felt so good to relax and feel his arms around me. He tilted my head up to look at him and kissed me passionately on the mouth before whispering in my ear.

“Thank you for making my kids feels welcome. Let’s go home” he said in a voice filled with promise.

I nodded and we made a beeline for the car and started home as we talked about the morning. I put my head on Jon’s shoulder as he recounted the details of his conversation with Jakey, at least most of them I thought. I was so proud of how he handled it without letting his temper get in the way and I told him about my conversation with Stephanie.

“She would have been right, you know. But I realized that Jake is a lot like me and if I want him to act like a grown-up, I had better behave like one myself. I’m afraid he saw the worst of my temper over the past couple years when the marriage was falling apart and since the divorce and I set a pretty poor example for him to follow” Jon observed.

I looked up at Jon and I was proud. That wasn’t an easy thing to recognize or admit and I was surprised to hear him say that. If he saw his son as a mirror, the whole thing had to have been twice as hard for him.

“He’s very attached to you and I can see why. I’m glad he has you for a role model” I commented. “It’s got to be hard to see your kids hurting, love”

“You know everyone knows that kids always wish their parents would re-unite, but that really doesn’t prepare you for the pain in their eyes” he agreed.

I instinctively gave him a hug for support and wished I knew some way to make it all easier for him. It was hard to see him hurting too. But I knew that it would take time-for the kids and for Jon.

We rounded the corner to the house and I was glad to be home again. We stopped and picked up the mail and I saw there were several bills that had arrived as well as a letter to Jon. I didn’t recognize the name, but it looked like business, so I handed it to him.

“Oh, that’s my accountant. Speaking of which, give me all those bills you have there. I spoke to him about setting up an administrative account to pay all the bills so we won’t have to worry while we’re away on vacation in a few weeks. And baby, please don’t argue. Just let me take care of it from now on, ’k?” he added.

I nodded and thanked him, realizing that soon enough I wouldn’t have a paycheck, so I’d better get used to this. We walked inside and Zeke appeared, cautiously peering around the corner as if wondering who we had dragged home with us this time. The look wasn’t lost on Jon either.

“S’okay, boy. No more company. It’s just me and your mom” he reassured the psycho cat.

As if in acknowledgement, Zeke rubbed against Jon’s leg and started to purr. Opie began howling for his dinner and all seemed normal again as I went to fill the food bowls. Jon made a fire while I poured us each a glass of wine and ordered a pizza for dinner. We settled down on the couch and snuggled under the blanket as the flames caught the draft from the chimney and the wind began to howl outside.

“It’s a perfect night for this, but I’m glad we were blessed with good weather while the kids were here” I said thoughtfully.

“I heard them say on the radio that they were predicting snow earlier, but I didn’t believe it. Maybe they were right” he said, stroking my hair.

I nuzzled against him, kissing his neck and actually hoping it might snow tonight. It was still early, but not unusual for there to be snow in November. Jon’s cell phone rang then and he sat up so he could reach his pocket. It was Dot calling to say that they were at the airport and the plane had arrived. She was relieved as she had heard there was a storm coming our way.

Jon relaxed then and told her that all had gone well, but that Jakey was having a little trouble with adjusting to a new situation. They chatted briefly and Jon hung up, visibly relieved that all was okay with the kids and that they had made it out before the storm. The doorbell rang and the pizza was here.

We sat down on the couch to eat and I was hungry, my appetite having returned now that all the day’s turmoil was over. Nothing ever seemed to affect Jon’s appetite and he wolfed down a second piece before I’d finished my first. I refilled our wine glasses and we finished our dinner, settling back onto the couch to attend to other appetites.

Jon eased me back onto the couch and covered my mouth with his. I parted my lips willingly, hungry to taste him and feel his touch. We had kept ourselves in check around the kids, but there was no need to hold back now and our desire exploded like an atomic blast.

I tore at Jon’s shirt, while his hands ravaged my breasts. My nipples ached to feel his lips and he lowered his head to envelop them. I reached for his zipper and unbuttoned his jeans, freeing his stiffened erection as he wriggled out of the pants. I was dripping with anticipation as he pushed my skirt over my hips and slid a long finger inside making me hotter and craving him more.

“Gods, I missed this, baby” he groaned as he slid his engorged member into my slick folds.

I grunted in response, as my mouth sought his in a ravenous kiss. He drove into me deeper as my legs encircled his hips, urging him on. I kneaded the hardened muscles of his ass with my fingers and he moaned loudly in answer. He filled me so completely as I felt myself slipping over the edge, pulling him along as my contractions grew stronger.

I felt him quicken the pace and I knew he was close too and I tried to hold on as the pressure for release was building. He buried his head in my shoulder and bit down hard to stifle his cries and I lost it myself then as he filled me with his hot seed. I bucked against him, wild with desire, as my insides throbbed with my own climax and I screamed out his name. My hands tangled in his hair now as our rhythm slowed and his teeth released my flesh from their grip.

He raised his head to look at me and we smiled at each other, our union complete. Outside the snow had begun to fall and the world became still and quiet, but for the sound of our breathing as we came down from our high. I melted against him as we succumbed to the afterglow, taking comfort in each other’s arms.

We continued to lie as we were, content in our embrace as the snow blanketed the world around us. I could feel the steady beat of Jon’s heart as our pulses slowed and my eyes began to focus. The wind no longer howled and the fire was now nothing more than glowing embers, but the room was warm.

I saw the large, fluffy flakes of snow drifting down and wondered how much had fallen and wondered absently whether I would have trouble getting out of the driveway in the morning. But tonight I was here, warm and safe in Jon’s arms and that was all that really mattered.

“The fire’s almost out” Jon observed lazily.

“Yeah, and it’s snowing” I whispered.

Jon heaved himself up and turned to look out the window, pulling me up with him to a sitting position. Eddie jumped up alongside us and mewed softly and Jon reached out to ruffle his fur.

“S’okay, boy. Your Mom and me are coming to bed shortly, right babe?” He said, looking at me.

“I’m ready. Let me put the pizza away and I’ll be right there. I know it’s early, but I’m exhausted. You wore me out” I grinned.

“I know the feeling” Jon agreed as he took my hand and held it between his.

“Thanks babe. Thanks for being so great with the kids, for making me so happy and for being my wife” he said tenderly as he brought my hand to his lips.

“You make it so easy, love” I replied as I stroked his cheek and he rubbed his face against my palm.

It was true. Loving Jon was the easiest thing I had ever done. It seemed so natural now and it was hard to imagine a time before him. His kids were good kids, too, and there had been rocky moments and I knew there would likely be more, but that was a small thing in comparison to the ease I felt when I was with him. I knew truly that we had spent many lifetimes together and loving him was as effortless as breathing.

“Let’s go to bed” I said, rising to put the leftovers away as Jon closed up the fireplace.

2 comments:

lori said...

Wow! Another great chapter!

Alina said...

Jon's really upset that his kids had to leave that fast again I think, but he doesn't show it...

But Trish's great, she knows how to treat Jon right in that situation.

Great chapter, loved it!