Monday, March 10, 2008

The Sauna Part 88

I detoured to the bathroom for a quick stop, while Jon headed straight for bed. By the time I made it back to our room, I was greeted by a trail of clothes strewn across the floor and the sounds of loud snoring coming from my exhausted rock star husband. I laughed especially to see Eddie in the bed, tucked in right behind Jon’s head, and the sight of my two boys sleeping contentedly made me want to crawl right in beside them.

I pulled back the covers and climbed in. The sheets were cool, but Jon’s body beside me was warm and comforting. Eddie stirred and stretched, and he gave me a quick nuzzle before settling back down, this time right in between us. I gave in and let exhaustion take over and soon I was asleep as well.

I woke a few hours later to the sound of noises from the guest room and giggled as I thought to myself it was only fair. We’d already woken them up once, so they owed us. Jon rolled over and sat up, listening now too, and chuckled softly as we heard a low moaning from next door.

“Guess we had that coming, huh?” he said, nudging me gently.

“I was just thinking that” I answered.

“I’m sorry I fell asleep, baby. I guess I was more tired than I thought. You should have woken me up” he said apologetically.

“It’s okay, love. You and Eddie looked so peaceful together, I didn’t have the heart” I explained.

“Eddie? Was he here?” he asked wonderingly.

“Yep, right above your head until he crawled in between us.”

“He’s not here now” Jon replied in a deeper voice.

Indeed he was right. Eddie was gone and we were alone in the bed. The noise from next door had stopped, but we were both awake.

“C’mere” Jon purred as he reached for me and I went willingly.

I felt Jon’s hand on my hip as he pulled me towards him and I raised my leg to drape across his hip. He gently guided the tip of his penis into me and I arched my back to take him inside more fully.

“Aaahhhhh” I murmured as I felt the length of him slide into place like a piece in a jigsaw puzzle.

Jon held my hip firmly as he rocked back and forth against me, still keeping us on our sides. My mouth sought his and we kissed deeply. My fingers pressed against his chest, feeling the softness there as my tongue trailed down his neck, licking the hollow at his throat. He responded with a soft moan of pleasure as his finger tips pressed harder into my flesh.

He rolled onto his back, taking me with him as I continued to lick along his shoulder blades, lying astride him. He rolled again, reversing our positions until he was on top and better able to penetrate me. He rubbed his cheek against mine and I squirmed, feeling the roughened stubble of his beard scraping my tender flesh. A wet, warm tongue slithered into my ear and I groaned loudly as I shuddered from the sensation.

Pleased with my reaction, he continued plunging his tongue in my ear while matching the thrusts with his hips and I felt myself beginning to slip over the edge. Sensing this, he quickened the pace and slammed into me harder and deeper until we both came in a mixture of loud moaning and softer sighs.

“Copycat!” we heard Richie’s voice yell from the next room and we exploded into peals of laughter.

“Go to sleep, Richie!” Jon yelled back between fits of laughter and I thought I could just barely hear Elaine’s lilting giggle.

Our laughter subsided and we sank back into the warm abyss of the afterglow and soon fell asleep, snuggled in each other’s arms. Eddie returned to take back his position above our heads and he was still there, sleeping soundly when we woke the next morning.

“Good morning, babe” Jon said, kissing me tenderly as I opened my eyes.

“Morning, love” I said sleepily.

“I’ll start the coffee, but I’m gonna run up to the store and grab some sausage for breakfast. Do we need anything else?” he asked.

I struggled to focus on the question, my mind not fully awake yet. I considered what would go well with sausage gravy and biscuits and immediately thought of home fries.

“Check and see if we have any potatoes. And onions” I replied, stifling a yawn.

“Okay, I’ll be back in a flash” he said, springing out of bed.

“How long have you been awake?” I asked, wondering at his energy.

“About an hour or so. I was just watching you sleep. I love to watch you, knowing you’re all mine now” he said casually and I was touched by his sincerity.

He was already dressed and gave me a quick kiss before he left and I stretched luxuriously before getting up myself. Richie and Elaine were still sleeping, so I took a quick shower, missing Jon’s company as bathing together had become habit now. I dried off and slipped into my robe and padded out to the kitchen for the first cup of coffee. A gaggle of cats followed me and stood there, staring impatiently, until I filled the food bowl. Zeke rubbed me affectionately.

“You’re missing Richie, aren’t you, you little stinker. He locked you out last night” I thought ruefully.

Zeke meowed in agreement and I sat down to wait for Jon as he hopped onto my lap. I was just about ready for a refill when I heard the car pull up in the driveway. I stood up and greeted Jon at the door, taking the bag of groceries and began to unpack them. I smiled when I came to the package of chocolate chip cookies tucked in the bottom of the bag.

“I can’t resist cookies” he said sheepishly and I tousled his hair like a little kid.

He was sitting at the kitchen table, looking through the Sunday paper and I brought him a mug of coffee. He grunted an acknowledgement, but seemed suddenly quite absorbed in an article on the cover and I glanced over his shoulder to see what it was. It was a story about homelessness in the city and the inadequacy of shelters available for families.

“This guy here” he said, pointing to the photo in the story, lived in his car with his wife and his kids for six months because there was no shelter where they all could go. And House of Peace wouldn’t take his wife and kids because they told them there was no domestic violence. That ain’t right.”

I explained how shelters worked here and that there were plenty of places for single men but shelters for women and kids fleeing abuse were overcrowded, and reserved for that situation alone. There weren’t any shelters for intact families, at least none that I knew about. Homeless families weren’t as common as the other two.

“I’ll have to look into this more” he muttered.

I continued to work on getting breakfast ready. The home fries would take the longest, so I grated the potatoes and chopped the onion, adding it to the pan to simmer, while I readied another pan for the sausage. I put the remaining biscuits in the oven to warm up and suggested he go and rouse Elaine and Richie.

“They’re coming” he announced moments later and I looked at him quizzically.

“for breakfast, I mean” he added, smacking my butt as he got my meaning.

Elaine appeared first, rubbing sleep from her eyes, but unable to resist the smell of food cooking. Richie followed a few moments later and joined her and Jon at the table and he started a fresh pot of coffee while I finished cooking. The home fries were almost done, so I added flour and milk to the sausage and soon the gravy was bubbling. Jon got the biscuits and held the plates while I served and we sat down to eat.

The conversation focused on the plight of the homeless and what we could do to remedy the situation. Jon thought about getting Habitat involved and I suggested looking to see if there might already be a place that just needed rehabbing. Community Services might be interested if there was grant money available since children and families were their targeted population and I agreed to look into it Tuesday when I went back to work.

The conversation turned to making plans for the day. Elaine had to be at the airport by seven, and she needed time to pack and it was just about an hour away. We decided to go to Zoar since it was close and she’d heard all about it. We finished breakfast and Jon and I cleaned the kitchen while Richie and Elaine took a shower. Jon was next and he only needed twenty minutes without me there to distract him. By eleven o’clock, we were on our way.

3 comments:

Queenie said...

Oh I hope Richie and Elaine stay in touch. He needs a good stable woman in his life.

Loved the trip to Niagara Falls and the musician in the bar not recognizing them, too funny.

I also had to laugh at the "copycat!" I think Trish needs a bigger house, either that, sound-proofing!

This is just great Opester!

Opester said...

I have to admit, I love that "copycat" line too, Steph. I laugh everytime i read it as I can honestly imagine that happening!

Anonymous said...

Wait just a minute here...Richie's gonna let Elaine go? Hmmm...do I see a flight to Scotland soon?