Friday, March 7, 2008

The Sauna Part 78

Friday morning arrived and it felt so good to sleep in and not have to get up early. It had been a long week and getting back to work had been really hard. Richie had to appear in court later this afternoon, but outside that there was nothing we actually had to do today.

I stretched lazily and snuggled up next to Jon. This morning was cool and crisp and his warmth felt good against my skin. I nuzzled my head in the crook of his shoulder, taking in the scent of him, which had a strangely comforting effect on me today. He stirred slightly, cuddling me closer, but he didn’t wake. It was still early, but old habits, like waking at the crack of dawn, died hard.

I watched his steady, regular breathing, his chest rising and falling with each breath. The sun pouring in through the window caught the light covering of fur on his chest and my fingers toyed absently in the curls there.

I looked up at his face and studied it. Yes, there were a few more lines there, but they gave him character. The tiny wrinkles by his eyes told the story of a man who loved to smile and laugh. His lips were soft and full, curved into a half smile as I stroked his chest. I thought about how they could be gentle and tender or fierce and passionate, depending on his mood.

I tried to imagine how he might look in another ten years. Would he look more like his father, still a handsome man, but not nearly as handsome as Jon. How would he look with silver hair? That was hard to imagine, though the graying hair on his chest was even more appealing to me now than when it was the darker mat of his youth. I had no doubt that Jon would age gracefully, but would I?

Would he always feel as attracted to me? Would he still want me when my body became softer and less firm? When the little lines began to appear around the corners of my mouth? Would he still want to kiss it every time I was near? Would we still make love as passionately in twenty or thirty years as we did now? Would that even matter then?

Jon’s eyes fluttered open and his ocean blue gaze caught me unawares. He was watching me now and his hand caught at my hair, his fingers disappearing in my curly mane. Would he still long to touch my hair when it turned grey? He smiled then, and my thoughts evaporated like the morning mist.

“How long have you been awake?” he asked softly.

“Not long. I was just thinking how much I love waking up with you and trying to imagine what that will be like in twenty years” I replied.

“As good as it is today” he growled back.

I smiled, thinking how he always seemed to know just what to say. Looking at him there beside me, it was hard to imagine that it could ever be different than it was right now. And right now he was here, and that’s all that really mattered as I rested my head on his chest.

“So, babe, what’s the plan for today?” he asked, yawning.

“I haven’t made a plan, actually. I thought we’d see what Lainie wants to do, and maybe go to Niagara Falls if she’s never been there. But I know you and Richie were there to film the video for Always. Richie has court this afternoon, but the morning is open. What would you like to do today?”

“I’d be happy just to stay here in bed all day with you, but I rather think our guests expect more entertainment. Niagara Falls would be great or we could take Lainie to Zoar and just be sure we keep our clothes on this time!” he laughed.

“I thought of that myself. Maybe we could have a picnic this time. I also know some other spots we could fish, but you guys would need some gear. There’s a place in town …” I began as Jon pulled me close and kissed me.

“As long as I’m with you, darlin’, I don’t care what we do. Except this; I want to say ‘Good Morning’ properly” he said as he rolled me onto my back and perched above me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he nipped at my lower lip and my mouth opened to welcome his tongue. I bent my knees as my thighs parted automatically and he settled himself between my legs, his stiffened erection poking me in a less than subtle way. I arched my hips and he slid in comfortably, like a familiar visitor.

I brushed the strands of hair from his eyes as we looked at each other in the morning light. His eyes twinkled, reflecting the depth of his love as our bodies began to move in a leisurely rhythm. My hands trailed down the bulging muscles along his arm and I felt a sense of safety and protection in his embrace.

“You’re all I ever wanted” I said impulsively.

“And you are everything I need” he purred back.

Our lips met in a deeper kiss, mirroring the union of our bodies as we held each other tightly. Jon filled me completely; body and soul, and his love-making washed away all memory of having been alone so long. I couldn’t imagine ever living without him being near me, such was the connection between us. I was more than ready to pledge myself to him for eternity.

We rocked together in that ageless dance of lovers, wordlessly communicating our need to be a part of one another. The tempo built slowly, raising our desire and passion as though we were one entity, like the chorus of a song in perfect harmony. Together we reached the peak, losing ourselves in the moment of shared ecstasy and the mutual descent into the valley of oblivion.

Slowly, we came back to earth, and our eyes met, silently greeting each other again in the dawn light. Our breathing slowed, and we relaxed against each other, satisfied and complete.

“Baby, I want to be your man forever. I’ve never known anything as surely as I know that you and I are meant to share our lives, now and always. Please …I love you more than I ever thought possible. I want us to be joined forever. I’m ready. Please say yes” he pleaded.

“Yes. Yes, yes, and yes” I answered, knowing he understood what the ritual meant and that he felt the commitment as deeply as I did and I kissed him, sealing the promise.

“When?” he asked breathlessly.

“Tonight, when the moon is full” I replied, realizing the time was now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT chapter. I actually got goosebumps while reading it.

Alina said...

It is a great chapter! You're such a great author ;-)