Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Sauna Part 127

We went to bed and decided to sleep on it. Surely something would present itself as the traditional roles didn’t seem to fit well for us. I snuggled against Jon and he held me closely, stroking my hair, as I prayed to the Goddess for an answer. I fell asleep listening to the steady sound of his breathing as he lay beside me.

Jon stared at the ceiling as he turned the problem over in his mind. He began to run through the list of people he knew who had solid relationships and how they seemed to work it out between them. Most of them had children, and therefore similar relationships, including his own parents. Others tended to both have careers and they often split the various responsibilities more evenly between them.

Having a baby together would resolve it, but neither of us really wanted that and that was a poor reason to have a child. Although, if it happened, Jon would have been okay with it. He loved his kids and he had no doubts that I would have been a good mother if that had happened. That wasn’t likely, though, and not necessarily a good idea at our age even if it was possible.

If I returned to work, it would only have solved a piece. I would have something meaningful in my life again, but it really didn’t contribute significantly to our financial well-being. Even though I made a good salary, it was a drop in the bucket compared to what he earned. He started to ask himself what was it that he really needed help with. What is it that never gets enough of my attention?

Then it hit him and an idea began to form. He needed help running the fan club. He had asked his mom to step in as he needed someone he trusted, but she was older and not really devoting much time to it. That had become obvious when he saw what was happening on the boards. He also needed help with managing the charities. He needed someone to make decisions about what type of requests he should consider and someone to watch how they were being run and how the money was being spent.

He had always dreamed of starting his own foundation and running it himself and had always hated having to depend on existing organizations to determine how to spend his money. He’d planned to change all that one day when he retired from performing, but that day was still a long way off. I was ideally suited to both of these jobs as I had the experience and the passion to do it the way he would have done it himself if he had the time. These were both responsibilities he would be grateful to turn over to me and that he knew I would handle effectively.

He smiled then, having found a solution he thought would make us both happy. He turned and kissed my head where it laid on his shoulder, still sound asleep. I nuzzled closer as he turned towards me, drawing me into his arms. He could wait until morning to share the news as he closed his eyes, ready to sleep himself.

*****************************

I woke early the next morning, snuggled against Jon’s warm body and thinking about the conversation from the night before. There was nothing I wouldn’t do for the man lying beside me, if only there was something he needed. I turned restlessly, frustrated that there was so little I had to offer him. He was so competent in everything and there seemed to be nothing that he needed, save my loving him, and that was as natural for me as breathing. He stirred slightly and pulled me closer, whispering in my ear.

“Morning, babe” he purred and I could picture the smile he was wearing.

“Morning, love” I replied back as I turned to kiss him.

“I was thinking last night about what I needed and there are a couple things that I could really use your help with, particularly because of your background and familiarity” he announced, turning my face to his.

“And what would that be?” I asked, sounding skeptical.

Jon proceeded to describe what he’d been thinking and I listened, brightening at the thought. These ideas weren’t merely things he’d dreamed up to keep me occupied, but were really substantial areas where I could make a difference. This was something I could sink my teeth into and genuinely make a contribution to something that would benefit us.

“When can I start?” I exclaimed excitedly.

“After breakfast” he growled, rolling me over onto my back as he climbed on top of me, licking at my neck.

I giggled as he continued to bathe me with his tongue and I gave in to his desires as my own began to surface. He moved his way down my neck and my chest, stopping to nibble on my breasts as I dug my fingers into his blond mane. He glanced up at me and I smiled at the twinkle in his eyes.

His tongue moved lower as I felt his hands spread my thighs apart, raising my legs to rest across his shoulders. I groaned as his tongue slid between my slippery folds, parting my lips. I arched my hips as I felt his mouth on my budding center and he sucked gently at first, building my desire until I was begging him to bring me home. He replaced his lips with his thumb, massaging me as I moaned gratefully, nearing the peak.

His fingers slid inside me deftly, his timing flawless, as I hurtled over the edge of the precipice. My climax came in waves that left me breathless and my heart beat wildly, keeping time with the throbbing inside me. I was clawing the sheets and calling his name and he did not deny me.

Our bodies melded together like hot metal as he entered me slowly, absorbing the shock waves from my contractions. He began to grind his hips against me, followed by long, deliberate strokes that allowed me to appreciate every inch as he filled me fully. I savored every moment as I felt his tempo quicken and we began to race together towards the finish line. He let out a loud groan as his hot seed spilled inside me, our juices flooding the sheets.

He laid his head upon my shoulder and I kissed his cheek tenderly, stroking his hair. The morning stubble on his cheek tickled my lips and I shuddered as he cupped my breast with his hand. We both giggled again, too spent to do anything more.

“Gods, but that felt good” he sighed.

I couldn’t have agreed more as all the tension from the previous night ebbed away. I could barely think and I was filled with a sense of contentment and peace. All was right with the world.

Except all was not right with the cats’ world. They had been waiting patiently for us to finish and now that we lay there motionless, they demanded their breakfast. Eddie was on the bed and began screaming loudly in my ear and he was joined by Zeke and Opie who were still on the floor pacing.

“I guess someone else is hungry too” I quipped as Eddie swatted Jon’s head for the second time and he batted back at him.

“Stay here, wife. I’ll feed the children this morning” Jon volunteered and I was in no condition to argue.

He heaved himself up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed and Eddie jumped down before racing ahead to the food bowl. Jon grabbed his robe and trudged off to the kitchen while I stayed in bed, unable to move. He returned after a few moments with two steaming cups of coffee and climbed back into bed.

The smell of fresh coffee was always enough to rouse me from my languor, but this morning I wanted to cuddle more than I wanted coffee. He set the cups down as I reached my arms around his waist and he snuggled back in beside me and I whispered softly.

“I just love Sunday mornings” I grinned.

“Those little buggers were hungry. Shit, you should see them pushing each other around. Your sweet little Eddie smacked Floyd just to get at the food bowl and Opie has his face buried in the one!” he teased me.

“Oh, I know. They do keep us on a schedule” I agreed, looking at the clock.

It wasn’t even seven yet and I had no intention of getting up this early when there was no need. The cats were content now and would soon be returning for the morning nap and I had every intention of joining them. Jon wasn’t anxious to get up either and we could always make another pot of coffee. We rolled to his side of the bed, avoiding the wet spot, and promptly fell sound asleep.

1 comment:

Alina said...

Nice way to solve problems ;)

But the real solution for their roll problem is quite a good idea. She will have a lot of fun, and most of all, the responsibility she wanted with this job.

Really great!